goinv

Is It Good For Partner To Be A FS Enthusiast?

Sat May 14, 2005 3:04 pm

Just been wondering.

I like aviation and flight simming. My wife, whilst sometimes critical, is often happy to just just on the sofa and watch soaps whilst I browse A.net and fly a 747 into LAX.

I always thought it would be nice to have a partner who was more into aviation than what she is....but yesterday I had a terrible thought...

If she was into Flight Simulator we would fight for computer time. She might want to fly when I did (and no longer willing to be the attentive cabin crew who brings me food and drink when I "ding dong" her Big grin ) We may have to splash out on a new PC just for her. Maybe it is better the way it is

So, is it good to have a partner who's a flight simmer?
Be who you are, The world was made to measure for your smile. So Smile.

ua777222

RE: Is It Good For Partner To Be A FS Enthusiast?

Sat May 14, 2005 5:15 pm

Quoting Goinv (Thread starter):
when I "ding dong" her

Ewwwwww. TMI. Overshare.  whistleblower .

Thanks,

Matt
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

jamesbuk

Sat May 14, 2005 5:19 pm

i would say NO. i know im only 13 but so what, if she was into all the aviation then she would start correcting you or you correcting her and making each other feel like idiots and then you might have an argument over something and good bye marriage
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

PapaNovember

Sun May 15, 2005 6:58 am

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 1):
Ewwwwww. TMI. Overshare. .

I think he met "ding" as in the attendant button on an airplane when he's thirsty.

aerlingus330

Sun May 15, 2005 7:54 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 2):
if she was into all the aviation then she would start correcting you or you correcting her and making each other feel like idiots

True...Its better to make people that know nothing about aviation an Idiot that to be made an idiot out of.

AerLingus330
Aer Lingus Airbus A330-300

jetjack74

Sun May 15, 2005 11:27 pm

I like aviation and flight simming. My wife, whilst sometimes critical, is often happy to just just on the sofa and watch soaps whilst I browse A.net and fly a 747 into LAX.

How's the sex life?
Made from jets!

goinv

Mon May 16, 2005 2:10 am

I suppose my answer to that would be how you would interpret a "ding-dong"
 bigthumbsup 
Be who you are, The world was made to measure for your smile. So Smile.

komododx

Mon May 16, 2005 11:32 am

Mmmm... ding-donging on a FS flight... welcome to the virtual mile high club!

Stefano  wave 
I'm homeless and unemployed

vsfullthrottle

Mon May 16, 2005 1:39 pm

Goinv

I know exactly where your coming from and I would have to say I prefer that my wife isnt interested in airplanes and FS9 etc..... It really makes for less arguments example - "Look at the MD-88 honey" "Thats an MD-90" "No babe its an MD-88" "It is an MD-90, how can you ever doubt your wife, your sleeping on the couch". See what I mean.

Regards

VSFT

agill

Wed May 18, 2005 9:06 pm

Quoting UA777222 (Reply 1):

Mmmm... ding-donging on a FS flight... welcome to the virtual mile high club!

Stefano wave

Waahaahaahaa that was an absolutely hillarious comment.

jamesbuk

Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:07 pm

lol the virtual mile high club, so will you do it in the cupboard or something as there aint no plane bogs hanging round in your house are there???
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Santhosh

Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Having a partner is good IF YOU HAVE TWO PC’s AT YOUR HOME. Just incase if both of u wants to fly into different destinations at the same time. Just kidding!!!

Well frankly speaking if you have a highly enthusiastic and co-operative partner there is nothing better than that. Well one can fly while the other navigates. You can do serious and enjoyable flights together.

I did have a friend with whom I have done some flights together. Well that was an exciting experience for me as he also had the same amount of interest and experiance in FS as I did. While he sets the navigation equipments, establish voice contacts with IVAO Air Traffic Controllers and follows the check lists I can concentrate on flying. And on long hauls we can interchange our positions as PIC and Navigator.

Regards
George
Happy Landings :)

MarBergi

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:24 am

We may have to splash out on a new PC just for her.

Or you could let her use yours and get yourself a new one!!!!  Wink

N754AN

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:29 am

I have to say I'd have no problems with her playing with my joystick while I press the right buttons!!  rotfl 

Chris wave 
Fankoooooooo

BMIFlyer

Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:59 pm

Quoting N754AN (Reply 13):
I have to say I'd have no problems with her playing with my joystick while I press the right buttons!!

rotfl 

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

msp753nwa

Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:57 am

Quoting N754AN (Reply 13):
I have to say I'd have no problems with her playing with my joystick while I press the right buttons!!

rotfl 

Its force feed back.  Wink

Matt
Going Boeing

N754AN

Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:41 am

Quoting Msp753nwa (Reply 15):
Its force feed back.

Oh is that what they call it??

I thought it was called pleasure!  rotfl 
Fankoooooooo

msp753nwa

Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:57 am

rotfl 

Fly me to pleasure town! Big grin

And some people call us sick. Big grin

Matt
Going Boeing

ZKSUJ

Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:32 pm

Yeah, you guys are SICK Big grin

dreamer

Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:26 am

I'd say it's perfect,
Especially when he deletes folders in his FS and I can save the day by giving him a copy of mine. Or when he installs add-ons that are non-installable by women.

What more to life is there than sex, beer, airplanes (in non particular order) and to share that with your partner? I'm all for it...  bigthumbsup 
still dreaming after all these years

regupilot

Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm

I have a friend who was a pilot student and even introduced me to flying schools, and we used to play FlightSim, not together, but we enjoyed playing and share thoughts, planes, etc, etc... So, one time I went to visit him and his wife at his house, and we decided to play flight sim on his PC, since I wanted to test his flight yoke (I didn't had one) and so, we went on to fly. He already had more than 30 hours of training in real life, and I was just having fun on the sim.

When I'm on the sim, I like to look around the scenery and well, just enjoy that great thing of 3D scenery .. (ahh! It was FS2000, and was my first time with it, since I was still with FS98 in my computer) So, as I looked around (side views) he started yelling "KEEP LOOKING AHEAD, FORGET ABOUT THE SCENERY, YOU'RE GONNA CRASH THE PLANE, YOU'RE TOO HIGH, LOOK AHEAD!!! LOOK AHEAD!! YOU'RE TO LOW", etc, etc, etc.. So at the end, the experience was not so pleasant and fun. I decided it was better to keep flying FS98 at home, alone and with the joystick! As an opposite note, I do enjoy when beginners, who know nothing about Aviation come home and just marvel about how great FlightSim looks, and how hard is to aim at a runway and land.. then I'll go and show 'em and man, we really have a good time!

-Regu

N754AN

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:50 pm

Regu,

What a great story!

Quoting Regupilot (Reply 20):
I do enjoy when beginners, who know nothing about Aviation come home and just marvel about how great FlightSim looks, and how hard is to aim at a runway and land.. then I'll go and show 'em and man, we really have a good time!

Totally!

When I first started simming a year ago I knew absolutely nothing about how an aircraft flies (be it on a simulator). - Now I feel I know so much more about the general flying of an aircraft, and have learnt so much about the technical side of FS, including editing AFCAD's, repainting, changing various configurations in aircraft models etc, and its nice to be able to pass my knowledge on to people who are in the same position I was in this time last year when I first started out.

Chris  wave 
Fankoooooooo

pilot kaz

Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:01 pm

Quoting N754AN (Reply 21):
When I first started simming a year ago I knew absolutely nothing about how an aircraft flies (be it on a simulator).

Ah If My MSN history for 1 year agi still exsisted  Silly

here is an old memory has message:

GEEZ (aka N754AN) says:
GRAAAAA 13 hour flight went to land and I crashed into the see for f*ck sake this is stupid, how the hell do you land???

Wink
-

ZSOFN

Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:16 pm

My wife's cool with my hobby, but I remember once on another thread about this, some guy said if he wasn't allowed to play whenever he wanted she had to go. I was shocked, as were many by this. I think it's important that your partner is accepting of your interest even if he/she can't comprehend why you do it, but ultimately you have to manage your time appropriately. When I married my wife, I promised to commit my life to HER, not flightsim!

Funnily enough my dad who was preaching in the wedding service told her in front of everyone that she must accept my flightsim obsession! Embarrassing I can assure you...

LIPH

Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:34 am

Goinv,
I'm lucky enough to have my spouse who was a flight attendant and really is mad about planes...even if as a pilot she's damnly critical....

Regards
Life sucks. Then you die. Live fast, die young.