Tom in NO
Topic Author

Aviation Shop At IAH?

Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:40 am

We're running over to Houston next weekend, and I'm recalling hearing that there is some sort of aviation/airline store at the Marriott Hotel at IAH. Can someone tell if my hearing is good, and if such a store does exist, and if it does exist, what hours it's open?

Thanks much.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

futureuapilot

RE: Aviation Shop At IAH?

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:26 am

I dunno about the stores in the Marriott Hotel, all i know of is the IAH company store. (only problem is it's hidden, ask a CO employee to show ya, they have some great stuff for CO! )

-Sam
The Pilot is the highest form of life on Earth!

Tom in NO
Topic Author

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:52 am

Sam, thanks for the tip. I'll ask a CO rep, but roughly where is it located (in the terminal, out by HQ)? I've got wheels, so that's not a problem.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

futureuapilot

Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:32 pm

It's in the main IAH terminal, you will take an elevator down below, it should be right ahead of you. Can't tell ya exactly where it is but i think it's by "Gordon's Galley" or something like that. Enjoy!

-Sam
The Pilot is the highest form of life on Earth!

pl4nekr4zy

Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:40 pm

Yeah, there is an aviation store in the Marriott at IAH. I think it's called "The Stop-Over Store". I've been there once a while ago. They've got a bunch of different things. Models, books, suitcases/flightbags, flight-crew gear, shirts, tourist type things, and other little knick-knacks. Not sure where exactly in the hotel the store is located or it's hours, but I'm sure the Marriott staff can help you with that.

Have fun here in Houston; it's a bit on the warm and humid side. Wink The Marriott is pretty nice though.
"Don't forget to bring a towel!"