UtilianPilot07
Topic Author

Downloading/ Installing Posky 757

Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:29 am

Hello,
I have tried many times to successfully add the Posky American Airlines 757, but failed. Do you know what I am doing wrong or what I need to do?
Here is Some of my problems:
1. I Downloaded the Virtual Cockpit and added the VC to the Model File and it does not work.
2. The 757 uses the sound that I believe is the Cessna 172 or Beech Baron.

These are the two more noticeable problems I have encountered.

Any Information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The Bin 3 Tight Stack!!

N754AN

RE: Downloading/ Installing Posky 757

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:19 am

Hi,

Quoting UtilianPilot07 (Thread starter):
I Downloaded the Virtual Cockpit and added the VC to the Model File and it does not work.

I think you are meant to put the VC into the panel folder.

Quoting UtilianPilot07 (Thread starter):
The 757 uses the sound that I believe is the Cessna 172 or Beech Baron.

That sound comes as default with most aircraft downloads. You have to download the seperate sounds for the 757 and then put them in your 757 folder.

Hope this helps,
Chris  wave 
Fankoooooooo

eclipseflight7

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:30 am

The plane is intended for use with an addon sound set, but if you want to just hear the default sounds then open your sound.cfg in the aircraft folder and replace whatever is in there with this:

[fltsim]
alias=b737_400sound

As for the VC, it is imparitive that you have the VC model in your aircraft folder, no where else. It should say something like model.VC. Open up your aircraft.cfg and find the entry for the plane you want to put the VC on. Where it says Model= put VC on the end of it so you get Model=VC.

If that doesn't work, tell me to what stage you can get the plane to load, IE; can you open it in the menu or does it crash when you finally get into the FS world.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.

ACDC8

Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:53 am

I downloaded the Posky 757 (DHL) a few weeks ago and got everything to work fine. I did pretty much what Eclipse did. But for some reason the weight & balance is totally messed up. No matter what I do I always have a too forward C of G, I can't get it behind the red line. Any ideas?
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

UtilianPilot07
Topic Author

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:29 am

Quoting EclipseFlight7 (Reply 2):
If that doesn't work, tell me to what stage you can get the plane to load, IE; can you open it in the menu or does it crash when you finally get into the FS world.

I can select it in the menu and fly it, the only problem is the sound and the virtual cockpit.
The Bin 3 Tight Stack!!

Gofly

Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:35 am

Quoting UtilianPilot07 (Reply 4):
I can select it in the menu and fly it, the only problem is the sound and the virtual cockpit.

In the sound folder, there should be a file named "sound.cfg" delete it.

If you want the default sound, open up your default 777 folder (777-200) or something similar.

Go in to the sound folder in that, and find the "sound.cfg" copy and paste that into your 757 sound folder.

Sorry if that isn't very clear!  Smile
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...