airfly

Macintosh Flight Simulator

Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:55 pm

Hello there,

I bought an I-Mac for a wonderful price. Smile .. The first reason was for my photography and then I thought that if I could play Flight simulator it would be great...

The question is: can I buy Flight simulator for my Mac? Or any other flying games?

Cheers guys Smile

Lucca M.
L - I - B - E - R - A - L

Gofly

RE: Macintosh Flight Simulator

Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:58 pm

Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

Mir

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:10 am

They don't make it anymore, but if you can find a copy of Fly! for cheap (I bought one for $5 a few weeks ago), you won't regret it. That was my first simulator back when I had a Mac (can anyone guess why I turned to the dark side?  Wink ), and even though it was five years ago, it still beats MSFS silly in a few areas (panels and clouds).

I recommend Fly2K if it's compatible with the current OS versions. If not, Fly!II will suffice. You might want to look in the Avsim forums, where there is a bunch of Fly! devotees who are trying to keep the program going (the distributor rushed a really buggy Fly!II out the door way before it was ready, apparently so that it would die a quick death - which I guess it did, and the responsibility fell to third-party programmers to do what should have been done in the original release). Be warned, you'll have to do some patching, but it's still very worthwhile at the price.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

airfly

Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:59 am

Hello Mir,

I was searching for FLY and it seems a good flying game...

A great price... So I may purchase it

Cheers for the recommendation.

Lucca M.
L - I - B - E - R - A - L

vs773er

Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:47 pm

I use X-Plane, it is an awesome simulator but ideally need a G4 processor to benefit with the graphics.
Instructions, manuals a/c and other downloads are available from www.x-plane.org.

Well worth buying as the demo disables vertical control after a few mins and trying to fly with the trim is useless!!!!

Try this, just found it;
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/m...htGear-0.9.8.dmg?use_mirror=heanet

its for mac.
Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations...