cs03

Just Planes AOM VHS Question

Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:37 am

Does anyone have the AOM VHS, and if so, is it good? One DC10 approach and landing is on the recent St Maarten Airport DVD, so I just wanted more info before I buy the DVD due out on 10/15/05.
Thanks!

AndrewAir

RE: Just Planes AOM VHS Question

Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:01 pm

I too am wondering the same thing. I think it will be good, if not, why would they re-release onto DVD. Although I am not sure about the seating arrangement in the flight deck but all the takeoffs and landings are filmed from the same vantage point. Over the captains left shoulder.

I am going to buy it and see how it is. I had some good memories as a child in a few DC10s.

This months releases seem very good. I can't wait for the new Air Luxor.

-AMc

777guy

Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:44 am

Quoting Andrewair (Reply 1):
am going to buy it and see how it is. I had some good memories as a child in a few DC10s

I like the DC-10 but feel this one at 119 Minutes is short for a DVD.

Quoting Andrewair (Reply 1):
This months releases seem very good. I can't wait for the new Air Luxor.

I will probably buy it but wish it had more flights and less cockpit detail. Been there and done that too much in this WAR series with the A330. The first Air Luxor was good and maybe this will be too. Says that "Flying into Kabul is very challenging at this time as this program will show." Sounds like that will be interesting.

cs03

Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:16 am

The AOM DVD is good, although short, and filming is outstanding. I thought the two flight itinerary of the DVD would prevent much scenic action, but this proved not the case.