adriaticflight

AI Traffic That Doesn't Like To Wait

Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:11 am

Does anyone know how to stop AI traffic disappearing after a minute or two if it has to wait for a number of aircraft to land before it can take off. It is really annoying because i like to see the waiting to take off.

Regards
Adriaticflight

nighthawk

RE: AI Traffic That Doesn't Like To Wait

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:47 am

i believe its hard coded into FS2004 and cannot be changed. I think i also read somewhere than in FS2002 the ime is set to 5 mins!

However in all the time ive been playing FS2004 ive never seen an aircraft dissapear. Its only if they sit sttionary for 2 mins that they dissapear, as long as the takeoff queue keeps moving, they stay.

Mind you, all the projectAI aircraft stay, even if they are sitting at a gate for hours!

lastordu

Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:05 am

Quoting Adriaticflight (Thread starter):
It is really annoying because i like to see the waiting to take off.

Yeah it dose really suck I like watching them take off as well. But I don't know any thing that will work. It also happens if you call the tower be for you get to the holed sort line. The tower tells you to take off before they give it to the AI planes and they freak out. Sorry I can't help.

Nick
"Remember, Remember the 5th of November" from V for Vendetta

Mir

Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:53 am

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 1):
i believe its hard coded into FS2004 and cannot be changed. I think i also read somewhere than in FS2002 the ime is set to 5 mins!

It was 15 minutes in FS2004, and this created problems when you were stuck behind them and there was a blockage (which could easily happen). FS2004 saw it reduced to 5 minutes.

Quoting Nighthawk (Reply 1):
Mind you, all the projectAI aircraft stay, even if they are sitting at a gate for hours!

Aircraft at a gate don't disappear - it's only when they're stopped on a taxiway. PAI aircraft will disappear too if they "time out" while waiting.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day