EA CO AS
Topic Author

Adding Traffic For Beginners

Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:46 pm

I'm still something of a novice when it comes to FS9, and I'm wondering how I go about installing traffic. ProjectAI seems interesting, but is it easy to work with? From what I can tell, you download the installer, then the comprehensive airline packages. Does it then install the planes, the textures, the flightplans, etc all in one shot?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

pilotdude09

RE: Adding Traffic For Beginners

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:56 pm

Yes project AI is good, but if you want something really easy you could try Ultimate traffic, just got it myself im still trying to see if it is as good as porject AI.

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
Does it then install the planes, the textures, the flightplans, etc all in one shot?

For each airline package you download yes
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

Mir

Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:46 pm

ProjectAI is amazing. Yeah, there are better programs out there, but they're all payware. Yeah, it takes forever to download all the packages, but you can't beat free quality software.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ac21365

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:03 am

MostRealisticAI had good flight plans and was/is HILARIOUSLY easy to install.

Too bad they went belly-up.

FiddleSticks

Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:34 am

My suggestion would be to buy Ultimate Traffic and replace the models with some of the better ones that are out there.

AI Aardvark is a good place to start.

http://www.ai-aardvark.com/
If you love yourself, go now to western union and send me the sum of $10,000 to save your life.

LHRSIMON

Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:27 am

Are there any good tutorials online as i to must admit that im finding it quite hard to take all this flight sim add on stuff in. AFCAD'S,BGLS,REPAINT, ETC ETC , Its quite alot to take in to be honest.

One thing i have found is that instructions for most downloads are very poor and seldom explain in a way that the beginner would understand.
Canon 1D Mk III,Canon 20D+17-40 L f4.0,70-200 L IS USM f2.8,400 L USM f5.6,135 mm L f2.0, 50 mm f1.8,1.4 x II extender

QF108

Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:03 am

This is how I learnt to add AI traffic it is a very very good tutorial by Hans Fog, I had trouble following Hans' local airport as far as getting traffic to arrive so I recommend that you use two major airports, e.g Sydney (YSSY) and Melbourne (YMML) or Los Angeles (KLAX) and San Diego (KSAN). The tutorial was written for FS2002 but it will largely adapt to FS9 the 'weekly' flightplans are different for FS9 but this will at least get you started if you don't wish to use ProjectAI.

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/ai4beg.htm

Once you have worked it out it becomes really easier to make your own flightplans or you can just download them from Avsim.com, Flightsim.com or the ProjectAI site all of which have excellent downloads available.

Regards
Mark
Blessed are the Cheesemakers !

Q330

Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:43 am

Check out these guys in addition to PAI: http://www.world-of-ai.com/

They're just getting started but it looks like they've got some nice packages.

-Q
Long live the A330!

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:08 am

Thanks everyone! I've got some nice AI running now.  bigthumbsup 

One question though - occasionally, I'm finding that 20 or more planes attempt to land all at once. It's hysterical to watch, but annoying after awhile. Any ideas on how to correct this?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

Gofly

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:16 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 8):
One question though - occasionally, I'm finding that 20 or more planes attempt to land all at once. It's hysterical to watch, but annoying after awhile. Any ideas on how to correct this?

You could try this, it is not perfect, but should help:
http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=aismooth&CatID=root

-Gofly  Smile
Living the high life on my ex-Airliners.net Moderator pension...

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:52 am

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. I'm definitely going to attempt to get some screenshots of the "Attack of the AI" phenomenon though. I just about died laughing the first time I saw it!

FiddleSticks

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:37 am

For about the first 10-15 minutes after you start the program odd things of that nature tend to happen. The AI engine of FS can have some strange issues when it tries to handle real world traffic volumes.
If you love yourself, go now to western union and send me the sum of $10,000 to save your life.