Nosewheel Collapse IN FS04?

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 am

Has anyone had a nosewheel collapse on FS04? I flew my 744 LAS-MCO the other day, and rather than fly around, i made a steep landing on the runway but the nosewheel collapsed too. never had that happen. Anyone else??

RE: Nosewheel Collapse IN FS04?

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:29 am

yep had it happen and the otehr day i was flying a 742 into a small airport and i landed in a crosswind and the right hand gear colapsed so i shut down all my engines to avoid much damage and smashed the brakes on and slide off the side of the runway by 10foot and ive also had a nose wheel collapse many times as i was landing if it hits the ground to hard
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:37 am

It's happened to me once before, on a BA 767-300 at Nassau.

This was in the days when I had crash detection on! I bumped down a bit hard on the runway in true 767 style and the stupid FS thought it to be a crash and my nosewheel decided to go on an underground expedition!

I wouldn't have minded but I landed on the main gear!

FS just went a bit divvy on me!

Chris  wave 
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it... UNLESS it's a crap AFCAD!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:07 am

Had an instance a few weeks ago where I would load up a POSKY 742 and the plane would fall flat on its nose after loading up, as if the nose gear wasn't even there. Happened several times until I finally had to disable crash to get it to stop doing that. Just another case of FS9 on PMS.
C'mon Big B, FLY!

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:15 pm

I had gear problems when i was flying to SEA - DEN on the default FS 737 when I was putting my gear down for landing I got two green gear down...My nose gear wouldn't go down so i did a 2 wheeled landing and when I touched down i held the nose up as long as could until the plane slowed down then i tried to gently set the nose down ..LOL... the nose slamed onto the runway!

I wish you could call for emergency landings on that game. If you make an emergency belly landing, traffic will keep telling you to exit the runway but you can't 'cuz your gear isn't down!

~Matt wave 
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:21 pm

I used to get that all the time in 02.

There is one taxiway junction at SYD where my BA 744 AND QF 767 would always suffer a nosegearcollapse, used to divert around it.

I did once land hard atSXM in a KLM744, really mucked the gear up, smoke coming from a engine etc etc, lets say a few people got wet Smilewhen it went off the runway
Where does the time go???