CaptainJon

Are Atlantic Models Worth The Price?

Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:12 am

I have a few models of some of my favourite jets I won off of ebay, but I would like to get serious and buy higher quality ones, not "toys". I did a google search and found Atlantic models, but they seem to be quite expensive. Are they worth the price? I pretty much want B738, B744, and B772 in CO, BA, LY liveries. Perhaps a few Airbuses as well perhaps B6 colours.

On a side note, I noticed Cessna sells models of the Citation series, but offers no catalogue with pictures. Anybody seen any of these?

Thanks.

nhgrafx

RE: Are Atlantic Models Worth The Price?

Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:43 am

They are worth price as they are very high quality models. They also make much larger scale models for corporate customers, even some airlines have their models in their offices. However I personally prefer plastic model kits, I like to actually build and paint them myself, but thats just me.
Is it weird I have a RemoveBeforeFlight pitot cover on my car rear view mirror?

CaptainJon

RE: Are Atlantic Models Worth The Price?

Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:21 am

I would love to do that as well, but I am not creative and get frustrated too easily when things don't work in my favour for things like that. I think I may buy one or two from Atlantic, (1:200's, 1:100's) and get some others buy other brands. Do you have any recommendations? I see JetBlue sells some models on their website as well.