Web
Topic Author

FS9 Nosegear Collapse - How To Fix It?

Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:33 am

I've been having several problems with nosegear collapses on my flights, but I think the problem is with the nosegear "strength," not holes in FS. When I load the aircraft to MTOW, after taxiing a ways, the front end falls to the ground and the flight is declared "crashed." Also, when I land (especially at busy airports), I'll set the nose down gently, but it sinks to the ground. It's very irksome and I was wondering whether there was a way to fix this. I've heard there is a similar problem with POSKY's 747s, but I have been unable to find the advertised fix method on their website. Any insight would be appreciated!

FiddleSticks

RE: FS9 Nosegear Collapse - How To Fix It?

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:02 am

I just turn off crash detection in my sim. I've found that about 90% of the crashes are caused by bugs such as the holes, or by AI pilots that don't know how to hold short. If I have a legitimate crash I'll know anyhow, I don't need the sim to tell me. Plus you don't have to look behind you on approach and make sure nobody is going to try and fly up your APU.
If you love yourself, go now to western union and send me the sum of $10,000 to save your life.

GEEZ

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:48 am

Quoting FiddleSticks (Reply 1):
make sure nobody is going to try and fly up your APU.

rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it... UNLESS it's a crap AFCAD!

milan320

Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:34 am

I've too had that problem with the POSKY Airbus models. CofG when loading FS9 up on the models are sometimes completely out of whack with the default load settings. I've played around a bit with the cfg file, but I think as it's been suggested, the easiest solution is to turn crashing off in FS9
-Milan320
I accept bribes ... :-)

ZKSUJ

Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:53 pm

As mentioned, turn it to the 'crash off mode'. The collapses are cause by texture problems in the game, and there is no way you can see them whilst taxiing.