DFW13L
Topic Author

FS9 Concorde INS Nav Help

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:49 am

Hey all,
I've finally figured out how to fly the Concorde in FS9, and am now totally obsessed with it! I use the SSTSIM version which I bought from Flight1 after flying the ProjetMach2 version, which is free. Anyway I was wondering if anyone can aid me in figuring out the best way to flight plan with the INS, since it requires Lat Long for all its coordinates. There are some files on avsim of some concorde INS flight plans, and SSTSIM comes with actual photocopies of the Air France and Speedbird flightplans, including some charter missions. But I'm looking for some help in creating my own runs.

Thanks
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

SWISSER

RE: FS9 Concorde INS Nav Help

Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:04 pm

Quoting DFW13L (Thread starter):
But I'm looking for some help in creating my own runs.

It's actually not that hard at all to program your own waypoints.
Just insert the proper waypoint coordinates into the INS and repeat the 0-9 number when flying along.
And you need off course to calculate your reheat/descent phases etc.
I' am sure the guys at SSTSIM have delivered all you need to compute that.

If you want to operate realistic, use only M1.0 and higher speeds over non populated areas, the best option is over the ocean.

I' am planning to aquire the SSTSIM soon too,
I have the PSS version, but it appears SSTSIM is better!
What time is top of descent?

jwenting

Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:13 pm

And to get those coordinates, simply print out the FS flightplan (or the one generated by for example FSBuild).
I wish I were flying

DFW13L
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:24 am

Yes, I just need help in acquiring the coordinates. I know how to put them in the INS, but I am looking for suggestions on an easier way of planning a trip and getting the lat & long coordinates. When I plan a trip on the FS software, the VORs, waypoints, etc don't show the lat/long coordinates. The only time they do is when I click on them on the map, but once they are in my flight plan, I cannot get the coordinates.

I'm looking for suggestions if there is any good software available on avsim or somewhere.
See, I knew American Eagle was first class all along!

jwenting

Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:58 pm

Open the plan in Notepad and print it.
I wish I were flying