DLCnxgptjax
Topic Author

How To Download Current Airline Schedules To FS

Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:33 pm

I just wanted to know where/how I could get current airline schedules to download to my FS. I have the Project AI airline packages, I just want to know how to update the schedules because the ones I have are outdated.

RODOL

RE: How To Download Current Airline Schedules To FS

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:33 am

www.avsim.com and www.flightsim.com have plenty of flightplans to download. If you do not know how to install the flightplans;

Decompile the ProjectAI traffic BGL in Traffic Tools, this will create three files on your desktop, Aircraft, Airports, Flightplans. Simply copy and paste your new flightplans in place of the old, then compile in Traffic Tools. Ensure the AC# is the same as it was.

DLCnxgptjax
Topic Author

Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:01 pm

Ok, I was able to decompile the bgl file, but I got lost after that. I understand that I'm suppose to replace the old files with the new ones (I think), but I'm not quite sure how to do so.

RODOL

Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:54 am

Delete your ProjectAI flightplans from the Flightplans folder and copy and paste the one you have downloaded in it's place - simple! You have to ensure the AC# number corresponds to the old one to get the correct plane to follow the flightplans. Often the one you download will just have AC#1. If you are renewing Jet Blue, it might be (example) AC#3434 to couple a Jet Blue A320 to those flights. Your Aircraft folder will have all your ai aircraft listed, each with its own AC# number. If you want to connect a new aircraft to existing flightplans (ie one you've downloaded), copy the TITLE of the aircraft from the aircraft cfg file and paste it in place of the old aircraft title, ie

AC#3434,430,PAI A320 JetBlue
might become;
AC#3434,430,FSPainters A320 JetBlue.

It really is simple when you get the hang of it.

7E7Fan

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:22 am

Hi,

Or you can join Scandinavian Virtual Airlines where you'll automatically get a pretty big chunk of Star Alliance schedules, all ready to use in FS. It's a very simple procedure and makes FMC/MCDU-flying so much more enjoyable  Smile

/Mike

DLCnxgptjax
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:33 am

Thanks! It took me awhile, but I finally figured it out.

milan320

Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:41 am

You can fiddle around with the flight plans yourself and to help you with that, do a search on avsim for a little app called yRoute.
You'll have to play around with it a little to get the hang of it, but it's a pretty neat app. I've put in my own planes that will fly as AI planes also.
-Milan320
I accept bribes ... :-)