Gerry
Topic Author

PSS 777 Professional - Flight Characteristics

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:07 am

Has anyone flown it recently. Reviews indicate that it does not handle VNAV descents all that well and tends to over speed , over climb and so on. Everyone raves about the panels and the Weather radar (justifiably so going by the screenshots) but what is it like to hand fly? I would love to get it, being a 777 fan, but I have been rather spoiled by the LDS 767. Advice anyone?

Dreamflight767

RE: PSS 777 Professional - Flight Characteristics

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:00 pm

I have the old version of this. The one for FS2002. I agree with the VNAV issue. VNAV stinks on it. It way under powers the plane in the climb and cruise, even if I have the speeds/alts entered on the legs page. It will stall the plane. I always use the speed and climb on the MCP, not on the FMS/VNAV. LNAV works great and so do all the other functions.

jwenting

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:36 pm

that's because there is no FS2002 version. The FS2000 version was patched up to work in FS2002 but they couldn't get it to be much better without a complete rewrite which would be too costly.

Personally I haven't experienced those problems often even with that version, but they did happen indeed.
I wish I were flying

Qantas744er

Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:53 pm

Hey, I have a solution for you, to solve all your problems, thanks to our great member SWISSER he made a merge, so get a Meljet 777 witch is 100 times better than the PSS model and get the PSS model but only use the panel, i will send you the merge file, the plane flies even more realistic, there is no weight and balance issues and its perfect just did a flight yesterday and im going to to MAN-DXB in an hour. If you buy the plane and dowload the Meljet model tell me and ill give you the merge aircraft file.

My email is Calzoni.Leo@hotmail.de

CHEERS LEO
You live and you die, by the FMA