OttoPylit
Topic Author

Good Geminijets Stores

Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:54 am

I was just checking some of the new arrivals on Geminijets website and was looking at their N. American retailers and came to wonder if any of them are worth visiting?

Has anyone ever been to any of them(many in S. Florida for some reason) and would any be worth visiting for worthwhile shopping? Are they large stores, or just hole-in-the-wall closet type stores? I have only visited 1 that used to be in the IAD Terminal, but it was a kiosk and only seemed to have 4 different types of airplanes, and all UA aircraft(wonder why). Was quite disappointed, although surprised to just run into it. Was just curious how any others were? It also listed the C.R. Smith museum in Dallas, which may be an interesting visit in itself.

Thanks,

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

futureualpilot

RE: Good Geminijets Stores

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:03 am

I know of one in San Diego that I have bought from a few times. Horton Toy & Doll in Horton Plaza, in the heart of downtown. Decent selection, they have a great online site to order from, but the store is a bit pricey.
Life is better when you surf.

jetmatt777
Crew

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:52 pm

Gemini in Las Vegas is sooo small. They have there planes cramed in their and a huge 777 model that is like 5-6 feet long cramed in to the store. In therre parking lot is good spotting for the deps. at LAS. It is a whole in the wall type store yes.

-Matt  

[Edited 2006-03-30 07:05:45]
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

emiratesa345

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:27 pm

We have a couple here in Toronto where I always buy my models from.

http://www.aviationworld.ca

http://www.thresholdaviation.ca

Mark
You and I were meant to fly, Air Canada!

Longhornmaniac

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:03 am

Quoting OttoPylit (Thread starter):
It also listed the C.R. Smith museum in Dallas, which may be an interesting visit in itself.

I can vouch for the CR Smith Museum. It has a wonderful selection, I'd say over 50 percent of their store is devoted to Die-Cast models, and almost all of them are Gemini. No surprise that more than any other are AA, but I'm here to tell you that they have many other kinds as well. At least they used to, anyway. Maybe someone else can give some more up to date info, as mine is a year old. As you said, the museum and IMAX are worth the trip, though.

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

alaska737

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:02 pm

Quoting Jetmatt777 (Reply 2):
Gemini in Las Vegas is sooo small

haha no kidding i was there two days ago, i stocked up and cleaned house.

AR1300

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:56 pm

I've been in grayland station and ORD in Chicago, and they are great.Specially Grayland.Steve the owner is a great guy.He lets you touch and open all the boxes and all the planes before the purchase.  Wink

Mike
You are now free to move about the cabin