malaysia

Can I Use Default Panel On Pmdg 747?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:48 am

I know this is really stupid, cause the PMDG panel and vc is the best, but sometimes I feel lazy and want to just use the fs default gps and save on FPS by using the default 744 2D cockpit. I tried to copy the PMDG folder and replaced the panel folder, but instead the 2D panel appears, the lights work better and my key assignments work as well, but the plane is in a wierd shape. the nose gear is turned and wont move, the ailerons and flaps wont animate in outside view..

is that because PMDG only wants me to use the given panel that came with the Queen of Skies program?

If I can only use the PMDG panel.
Is there a way i can view the FS GPS with the exisiting PMDG panel and can I enable GPS/NAV and fly with a FS flight plan instead of the PMDG system?
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

David L

RE: Can I Use Default Panel On Pmdg 747?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:45 am

Quoting Malaysia (Thread starter):
sometimes I feel lazy and want to just use the fs default gps and save on FPS by using the default 744 2D cockpit.

I suspect it would be a lot easier to use a freeware 744 when you're feeling lazy. I wouldn't go messing around with something you (presumably) paid a lot of money for.  Smile

malaysia

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:43 am

But my custom colors is on it, it looks so much better, I was able to do something, I just edited the panel today and added window 21 and assigned it as the FS GPS so now I can view the GPS just fine by using the PMDG panel.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

AirPacific747

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:02 am

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 2):
But my custom colors is on it, it looks so much better,

How did you create it? I want to paint my own aircraft and start a virtual airline but I dont know how to paint aircraft..  Sad

Mir

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:36 am

I would use a freeware 747 (I think POSKY makes one). It shouldn't be too hard to transfer the textures that you created.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

JohnKrist
Crew

Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:47 am

Posky 747's are easy to repaint, stock 747 difficult due to the way they handle the Airline logo. You need to get into using layers and masks in a program like Photoshop, and be able of saving in dxt3 format (there is a sdk from MS for that). I have only done 2 repaints, both fictional. One was a Posky 747, the other an A320 by Mike Stone, but that was a couple of years ago  Smile
Airliners.net Crew-Head Support
5D Mark III, 7D, 17-40 F4 L, 70-200 F2.8 L IS, EF 1.4x II, EF 2x III, SPEEDLITE 600EX-RT

AirPacific747

Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:23 am

Quoting JohnKrist (Reply 5):
Posky 747's are easy to repaint, stock 747 difficult due to the way they handle the Airline logo. You need to get into using layers and masks in a program like Photoshop, and be able of saving in dxt3 format (there is a sdk from MS for that). I have only done 2 repaints, both fictional. One was a Posky 747, the other an A320 by Mike Stone, but that was a couple of years ago

thanks, I'll try

malaysia

Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:45 am

PMDG provides a layered paint kit,. but I usually fly my freeware Meljet VA 744, but I will do a Posky version of my VA as well. I paint all kinds of planes. I can do it from scratch or with layers, a layered kit is better for rookies. I can also create layers as well if the paintkit has none.

AirPacific747

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:37 pm

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 7):
PMDG provides a layered paint kit,. but I usually fly my freeware Meljet VA 744, but I will do a Posky version of my VA as well. I paint all kinds of planes. I can do it from scratch or with layers, a layered kit is better for rookies. I can also create layers as well if the paintkit has none.

Well do you think you will be able to help me creating a virtual airline?