klm672

Help With Level-D 767

Tue May 02, 2006 12:39 am

As many of you know in my last post I did buy this product, i really like it unfourtnally I don't have a lot of time to search the net and other places to get help so I hope you don't mind me asking it on here. I am a pretty basic flyer, I am use to loading a flight plan using FS9's pressing NAV on autopilot and watching myself follow the pink line on the GPS. I was wondering how I do that (I manually follow the line, but i never know when I am getting close to the airport until its to late). I was wondering how to have the plane fly itself using autopilot including an autoland. Also, how to get the "wing view" on as seen in the screenn shots. IF you could write it as basic as possible that would be very helpful. Thanks.
Andre
If you prefer to email me: ParadisA330@gmail.com

Thanks again!!

AirPacific747

RE: Help With Level-D 767

Tue May 02, 2006 2:51 am

Hi KLM672!

Glad you bought the LDS 767!

You have to program the route in your FMC. It is a small computer that controls a lot of things, but also your route. When you create an IFR flight plan with the fs planner, remember to creater you route using VOR's. When the fs flight planner has created a route for you, write down the waypoints on a piece of paper.
Then program the route into your FMC with the waypoints. You need to know some basic steps about the FMC, before you are able to do this.
Here is a screenshot of what it can look like. I learned how to use the FMC just by trying. It took a few weeks to understand the principles, but once you know how to use it, it'll make FS so much more fun! I can help you with the autoland function later, but it is most important that you know how to program the route first. It might be a good idea to take a look at the manual regarding the FMC though. If you don't like reading, there are tutorials, that you can download from various websites. One of them is www.avsim.com
Big version: Width: 1280 Height: 1024 File size: 237kb

Please ask me if you have any further questions!

AP747  Smile

yegspotter

Tue May 02, 2006 3:13 am

To see the wing views, simply hold down 1 or 3 on the number-pad and you will get the back-right and back-left views. If this still doesn't work, then check your num-lock and try it again.....

Cheers

AirPacific747

Tue May 02, 2006 3:18 am

Quoting YEGspotter (Reply 2):
To see the wing views, simply hold down 1 or 3 on the number-pad and you will get the back-right and back-left views. If this still doesn't work, then check your num-lock and try it again.....

and if that doesnt work, go into your level d 767 configurator and change the model to the one with wing view instead of virtual cockpit

CDreier

Sat May 06, 2006 10:02 am

You might want to visit the Level-D forums. http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/  Smile