Mir
Topic Author

New LAX Scenery From Cloud 9 Released

Fri May 05, 2006 2:18 am

www.fscloud9.com

Looks pretty good - I'll be giving this one a shot. Their AMS scenery didn't completely kill my frames, so I'm hoping this one is similar.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

gunsontheroof

RE: New LAX Scenery From Cloud 9 Released

Fri May 05, 2006 1:40 pm

Not the most frame-friendly airport I've seen (like AMS), but it'll do. I think I'm most excited about the end of LAX scenery requests on the forums of other scenery designers...simmers are annoying.

planecrazy2

Fri May 05, 2006 3:45 pm

For such a good scenery I got great frames. Finally something that does the airport justice, I refused to buy that simflyers crap.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

HA_DC9

Sun May 07, 2006 9:24 am

I downloaded it yesterday. Wonderfully done and framerate friendly. The night lighting is awesome (especially compared against the SimFlyers KLAX). Well worth the US$23.99 price tag.

Delta732FF

Sun May 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Which one, if you could only buy one would you get.... AMS or LAX? Thanks

HA_DC9

Mon May 08, 2006 5:22 am

Quoting Delta732FF (Reply 4):
Which one, if you could only buy one would you get.... AMS or LAX? Thanks

Personally, I would say go with the one in the region where you like to fly. If you like to fly a lot in Europe, go for AMS. But if you are like me who flies mostly in the US (Western US in particular), go for LAX.

EA CO AS

Mon May 08, 2006 9:49 am

The LAX scenery is outstanding! Well worth the investment, IMHO - especially if you do a lot of West Coast flying. And honestly, the framerates are comparable to FlyTampa's SEA and BOS sceneries, which aren't horrible if you've got a decent system.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

gunsontheroof

Mon May 08, 2006 9:54 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 6):
And honestly, the framerates are comparable to FlyTampa's SEA and BOS sceneries, which aren't horrible if you've got a decent system.

I get as many as 10 FPS more at SEA and BOS than I do at LAX, so I'll have to disagree with you on that one. Even so, the frames at LAX are still pretty good, and given the vast improvement in detail over the default scenery, I'm not complaining.

AirWillie6475

Mon May 08, 2006 11:14 am

What the hell? I used the LAX scenery and I thought the computer was going to explode because of the very bad frame rates. I think it might have been the computers fault not the scenery's however because even after I exited FS04 it was still running slow. Still I deleted the scenery because the trial period is only like 4 minutes and I'm not going to pay for it anyways. From what I could tell at 3 frames per second it looked good, especially the cargo area, they've got it 99% right.

drerx7

Mon May 08, 2006 11:10 pm

I currently have the Simflyers LAX--would yall say the cloud 9 scenery framerates are better or worse than simflyers?
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

EA CO AS

Tue May 09, 2006 12:19 am

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 9):
I currently have the Simflyers LAX--would yall say the cloud 9 scenery framerates are better or worse than simflyers?

Not having Simflyers LAX it would be impossible for me to say. However, from what I know, Simflyers is known for their not-so-impressive framerates. I've seen it firsthand on their PHX and IAH scenery - IAH is particularly bad, in fact.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

gunsontheroof

Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 10):
Not having Simflyers LAX it would be impossible for me to say. However, from what I know, Simflyers is known for their not-so-impressive framerates. I've seen it firsthand on their PHX and IAH scenery - IAH is particularly bad, in fact.

PHX and LAS aside, SimFlyer's sceneries aren't worth mentioning in any discussion of FS9 scenery anymore. There is absolutely no comparrison between the two, Cloud9s is light years better.

eclipseflight7

Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 am

But I would like to make it clear that PHX, which was designed after a prominent member of the Simflyers team left, is an excellent scenery that accuratly depicts Phoenix. I would recommend this scenery to anyone in the knowledge that it is one of the good (or perhaps the only) Simflyers scenery to date.
Holy sh*ts and burritos.

HA_DC9

Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 pm

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 9):

I'd say the cloud 9 package has the better framerates. Before Cloud 9, I was using the Simflyers KLAX package. Definetly do the demo first before committing to buy though to make sure on your system.

Quoting Gunsontheroof (Reply 11):
LAS aside, SimFlyer's sceneries aren't worth mentioning in any discussion of FS9 scenery anymore

I agree with you on that. The Simflyers LAS is now the only Simflyers scenery I have left. It performs quite well IMHO. I just wish they came out with an updated one to account for the new wing and new construction at the "D" gates.

Quoting EclipseFlight7 (Reply 12):
But I would like to make it clear that PHX, which was designed after a prominent member of the Simflyers team left,

Is this the same person that created ImagineSim with their KDEN, KDFW and now KEWR scenery?

HA_DC9

Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 pm

On another note, there is a service pack in the works to fix some issues including those with the AFCAD. Should be out on or around 5/18.

drerx7

Tue May 09, 2006 9:38 pm

Thanks for the info--now if only some other developer would make an updated IAH scenery---until then my Simflyers IAH has to soldier on. I definately will try out Cloud 9 LAX--on my system I have found the simflyers LAX to be more of a framerate killer than IAH; but I suspect that also has to do with the AI at the airport.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised