treeny

Pmdg 737NG FMC Tutorial

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:22 am

Hi Guys

I was wondering if any of you had a kind of laymans tutorial for the FMC in the PMDG 737NG package.

I know that their website has a tutorial but I was looking for something with a bit more 'feeling' lets say - maybe something that you guys have done, noted and shared...

Thanks as always

Mark

Qantas744er

RE: Pmdg 737NG FMC Tutorial

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:34 am

Quoting Treeny (Thread starter):
I know that their website has a tutorial but I was looking for something with a bit more 'feeling' lets say - maybe something that you guys have done, noted and shared...

Hey, did you recently start flying the PMDG 737 or are you just looking for more info. and things to do, wich you dont know about yet?

I couldnt find any other turtorial.. Sad but since i fly the PMDG 744, i know how it is at the beginning, with the FMC etc. and often was very frustrating...

If you have any questions, about the FMC etc. ill be happy to answer them for you Big grin

Cheers leo
Happiness is V1 in Lagos

Mir

Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:51 am

I'm a bit short on time right now, but sometime later today I'll be able to put one up. It's difficult at the beginning, but gets a lot easier. If you could let me know any specific stuff you need to know about, let me know and I'll include those, otherwise I'll just do a general overview.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

treeny

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:53 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 2):
otherwise I'll just do a general overview

Mir

That would be excellent thankyou. Basically I have recently purchased the product and want to learn the FMC.

As obvious as it sounds I want to be able to Fly from A to B, via a couple of way points and arrive.

What I am needing help with is the initial programing before flight, an understanding of what can be changed in flight and then the landing part. Terrible bad description I know of saying I want to know everything.... but truth be told thats how it is!!!!

Quoting Qantas744ER (Reply 1):
If you have any questions, about the FMC etc. ill be happy to answer them for you

Thanks leo

I'll keep you in mind!!!!

Cheers man

Mark

United737522

Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:00 am

Check back later tonight....
'Michael Mooronism' ~Jetjack74

pjflysfast

Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:12 am

To get to point A-B you have to go to the waypoints page located under legs. when you get there you click the first space and "this is what I do" Tipe in the airport for example Ksea wich is seatle and then in the space under that the first waypoint or vor "you may want to click on the high allititude airways on the flight planning page to get the way points" You keep doing this prosses till you get to your destination. You can also go to the airport page and get runways put on your screen. Have loads of fun and hope you find this imformation useful.

I will be back later to awnser any other questions you may have.

chksix

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:17 am

For a good FMC + 737 manual go here:

http://www.fmcguide.com/catalog/

I have both books. Very trustworthy seller and top quality products!
The conveyor belt plane will fly

pjflysfast

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:10 am

The books would be a very good choice to help you with learning the FMC.