treeny

Flight Plan Utilities

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:24 am

Hey All

Can anybody advise me on web based or software that I can use to create flightplans, waypoints etc so that I avoid using the MS FlightSim integrated planner which is not all that great?

Many thanks

Mark

A3204eva

RE: Flight Plan Utilities

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:05 am

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

You have to enter it into your FMC manually though  Smile
"They have lady pilots......... they're not that good, but they have 'em"

MarBergi

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:13 am

Quoting Treeny (Thread starter):
Can anybody advise me on web based or software that I can use to create flightplans

Do you mean freeware or payware?

I use Routefinder. It allows you to export to both FS and a large range of Add-ons such as PMDG, PDD and Level-D.

Qantas744er

Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:29 pm

The best flight plan builder out there is FSbuild, it cost arounf 30 dollars, i have it since a year now, and have planned all my flights succesfully since then with it.
It provides north atlantic Airways, wind data, all waypoints etc.

And it really is worth the price, you can check it out at www.fsbuild.com

If your not sure yet, just check out http://flightaware.com/analysis/route.rvt
it shows you real life routes used with waypoints etc. its only limitations are:

It only shows routes that start or end in the US. so it will not be able to show you a route from lets say MEX-FRA

But it can show you MEX-JFK or JFK-MEX etc.

To explain you more about entering routes etc. into the FMC i will show you an example route taken from flightaware,

So the route is MEX-JFK

TAM A552 TBD SJI J37 SPA RDU J209 ORF J121 SIE CAMRN4 these are the waypoints you will use for this flight Im guessing you fly the PMDG 737, so you will go to INITREF, and enter MMMX as airport for your reference position. Then by pressing RTE you will find a new page in the FMC, put the departure airport in the top left corner, so MMMX and under that the departing runway lets say 04L the on the other side on Destination airport enter KJFK.

Then with the next page button, you will go to gage 2/2, it will be blank, so then press the DEP/ARR button and choose a departure for MMMX for the active runway so RWY 04L (not sure if this is a real runway at mex.) then go to the RTE page again, if your on page 1 again just press next page again. Thats when you will start entering each waypoint on the right side going down. each time you come tot he end of the page just press next page.

TAM A552 TBD SJI J37 SPA RDU J209 ORF J121 SIE CAMRN4

So first you will enter TAM as waypoint, A552 is an airway, and airways are always entered on the left side and not on the right side. so TAM on the right side, then in the second bar on the left A552 and then the opposite side of the bar will be blank and there you enter SJI. keep on entering waypoints etc. so all the A552 and J209 things are airwaysm and not waypoints.

for last just type in SIE and then go to DEP/ARR and go to KJFK arr and choose
CAMRN4 as arrival, just like it states above. Then activate the route with a button it sais above, there will we a button that will light up, and all you need to do is press on it. the go to the INITPERF page again, and enter weights etc.

Then start you engines etc. io guess you know this already  Smile turn on both FD`S and arm autothrottle and turn on VNAV once you ar ein the air, just turn on one of the autopilot main switches, and then LNAV, the plane will now follow exactly your route, and height that the flightplan in the has chosen, but dont forget to enter the cruise height, that you have chosen in the INITPERF page also in the autopilot bar.

I hope this helped you a little, and im sorry if i told you things you already know  Silly

So have fun try it out and tell me how it went...:D

Cheers Leo
You live and you die, by the FMA

treeny

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting Treeny (Thread starter):
I hope this helped you a little, and im sorry if i told you things you already know

So have fun try it out and tell me how it went...:D

Leo

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to prepare this for me.

I will give it a go over the weekend and give you feedback!!

Thanks again and speak soon

Mark

LONGisland89

Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:44 am

Qantas744er

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:19 am

Quoting Treeny (Reply 4):
Thanks so much for taking the trouble to prepare this for me.

no problem Big grin If you havent installed the newest AIRAC database yet, (AIRAC is a free package that is updated every month) it will include updates to SID/STARS and any waypoints in FS that are not included in the PMDG FMC yet, so just dowload the new AIRAC 0606 package, and run the installer, and get the new SID/STARS, you will find helphow to install, so dont worry  Smile

heres the link www.navdata.at

Cheers Leo

drnate00

Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:52 am

is there one that will let you print out the flight plan?

Qantas744er

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:14 am

Quoting Drnate00 (Reply 7):
is there one that will let you print out the flight plan?

Of course every payware flight plan builder can let you print, and if it wouldnt for any stupid reason, you just drag the text into a word document etc. and then print it... its not hard

Cheers Leo