EA CO AS
Topic Author

Aerosoft Manhattan - Worth Getting, Or Not?

Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:19 am

I like the default Manhattan scenery, but the Aerosoft one looks great. My question is whether or not it's REALLY that nice, and does it kill framerates like some add-ons do?

Anyone have it?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

planecrazy2

RE: Aerosoft Manhattan - Worth Getting, Or Not?

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:31 pm

The scenery really helps to bring the whole NYC area to life compared to the default. I get a huge hit on frames though the closer I get to the city. If you don't mind bad frames at times for some eye candy then get it. If you are fairly happy with default I would not buy it.

-Zach
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:47 pm

Quoting Planecrazy2 (Reply 1):
I get a huge hit on frames though the closer I get to the city.

How much of a hit are you noticing on framerates though? Half? A third?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

planecrazy2

Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:08 pm

Anywhere between a half and a third.
United Airlines - Worldwide Service

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:06 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on that, Zach. That tells me this probably isn't the product for me!