woady

Idiots Guide To AI Anywhere?

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:13 am

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of putting my own AI into airports but dont know where to start. Can anyone give me any pointers where to look and what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Woady
A300-600R, 737-300, 737-800, 757-200, 767-200/300/ER, ERJ145, ATR72

Boeinglover24

RE: Idiots Guide To AI Anywhere?

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:47 am

Quoting Woady (Thread starter):
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of putting my own AI into airports but dont know where to start. Can anyone give me any pointers where to look and what to do?

Thanks in advance!

Woady

www.projectai.com
their thing look crappy though.....

www.world-of-ai.com
a lot better looking but fewer packages..
Uhhh What?

elcableguy77

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:56 pm

I prefer Ultimate Traffic for my commercial flight AI. It uses real flights and schedules. Very reasonably priced, and the updates at $5, which come along once a quarter.
An option for GA is downloading this file from avsim.com: ga-traffic_setup.zip. It allows you to set the probability of a certain plane showing up, along with traffic density and such. Very handy. Then, just download whatever GA AI planes you like.

[Edited 2006-07-11 06:03:23]
Former ZW F/A | "Wisconsin 72A, contact departure, see ya."

EA CO AS

Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:07 pm

Hi Woady,

I may not be the best person to learn this from, but let me tell you how I got my AI running.

Basically, you need two things:

1. A schedule of what you want flown
2. Planes you want to actually FLY the schedule

I went to ProjectAI.com, since their stuff was the easiest and quickest setup out there. You download their installer, download the "packages" of pre-set flightplans AND planes for each carrier you want, and behind the scenes their installer creates a file called "Traffic_PAI.bgl" that it inserts to this folder:

Flight Simulator 9-Scenery-World-scenery

That "Traffic_PAI.bgl" file contains all your flightplans, plane "assignments" and so on.

The planes from PAI (you'll find 'em in your Aircraft folder) don't look great though, and they're rough on your framerates.

So - what to do?

Download a boatload of replacements from FSpainter, AI-Aardvark, etc.

Here's the explanation that someone here was kind enough to give to me to explain how to swap out the bad planes for the good ones. I hope it helps!

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/aviation_hobby/read.main/81024/

Best of luck. Let us all know if you need further help.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

n8076u

Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:42 am

If you don't mind spending the money, it is far easier to purchase one of the programs (ultimate traffic, etc) than to do this manually. With the program, throw it on the computer, and that's that, otherwise, you need to manually add each aircraft, decompile the AI flight plans, add your own flight plan for each flight for each aircraft, and recompile the flight plans. It also matters if you would get some sort of sense of satisfaction by doing this yourself, or just want it done and want to spend your time flying rather than typing in flightplans.  Wink

Chris
Don't blame me, I don't work here...

jetmatt777
Crew

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:11 am

yeah and the flightplans look ugly:

One flight plan:

AC#22,N455GG,85%,6Hr,VFR,09:34:59,00:00:00,050,F,122,KJAX,12:28:00,00:00:00,049,F,132,KGNV

-Matt  Smile
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

woady

Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:19 am

Hi guys!

Thanks for the help so far.

I have Ultimate Traffic on my machine but it all appears to be scheduled airlines with no charter traffic. I mainly fly Delta flight so this isnt normally a problem but I do like to do some charter flights from Manchester to Spain but there arent any Thomson, MyTravel, First Choice etc AI traffic so it seems a little sparse.

Woady
A300-600R, 737-300, 737-800, 757-200, 767-200/300/ER, ERJ145, ATR72

Salomon

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:35 pm

Have a look at this guide I made. Look for 'how_to_install_ai.zip' on avsim.
Takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory.