Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:16 am

I already have 2005 and wondered

a) when does 2005 come out
b) is ultimate traffic better

Tom

FiddleSticks

RE: Which: FS Traffic 2005 Or Ultimate Traffic

Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:24 am

I prefer Ultimate Traffic. The models that come with both programs are generally bad, though the FS Traffic models are worse IMHO.

What I've done with Ultimate Traffic is use the reassign utility that comes with the program to switch over to the AIA and Evolve models I've installed. It should also be noted that the FS Traffic series to not use real-world plans while Ultimate Traffic does.

Kelly
If you love yourself, go now to western union and send me the sum of $10,000 to save your life.

csturdiv

Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:28 am

I would second what Kelly says. UT provides real world schedules for over 900 airlines and is very easy to customize. The models included, those from Project AI, can be replaced with Aardvark, EvolveAI, CDAI, HTAI, DWAI, FMAI and other better looking and better performing models. With a few clicks you can import airlines that are not included with the schedules. And if you are curious as to what traffic serves an airport, you can generate time tables that tell you who operates in the airport but when they depart and arrive and what kind of equipment they are using. And as an added bonus, they have a pretty good support team. (Ok, since I am a UT Forum Moderator, I am kind of biased.  Smile)
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

HA_DC9

Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:32 pm

Quoting FiddleSticks (Reply 1):
I prefer Ultimate Traffic. The models that come with both programs are generally bad, though the FS Traffic models are worse IMHO.

What I've done with Ultimate Traffic is use the reassign utility that comes with the program to switch over to the AIA and Evolve models I've installed. It should also be noted that the FS Traffic series to not use real-world plans while Ultimate Traffic does.

checkmark 

I did the same with my UT. Lots of beautiful AND framerate friendly models at AIA and Evolve AI.

David L

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:33 pm

I've come to the conclusion that UT might be the better choice. Traffic 2005 is supposed to use real plans but it's not very convincing.