SoonerLT
Topic Author

Starting Out At Gate

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:34 am

Hello fellow virtual pilots,

Can someone tell me how to start flights at the gate/terminal, instead of at the end of the runway? There's just something about the taxi that makes it all the more real. For that matter, is there a simple way of adding jetbridges to my airport? Most downloads I've seen have required a secondary program like AFCAD, which I don't know how to use. Thanks!

Sooner
Speak Lord, for Thy servant heareth.

ytib

RE: Starting Out At Gate

Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:51 am

If you want to start at a gate select the gate you wish to start from when selecting an airport. It is in the bottom left of the page, and defaults to 'Active Runway'.

AFCAD will add parking places and not a jetbridge. The best way to find some would to check out the downloads on AVSIM. Just be warned that some are not framerate friendly.

Boeinglover24

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:04 am

It's easy just change the Starting position thing when you start the flight.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Note: Most FS airports have very few gates and parking spots assuming you have a capable PC you can add loads of them by downloading Afcad files at afcad.projectai.com or at avsim.com (you don't need to have afcad I think you just add the files to FS9/Addon Scenery/ Scenery but it is handy tool to find out which airports you don't have one yet).....(if you don't have membership thing at avsim already it's a must have and free) to add jebridges just search jetbridges on the avsim search box thing and follow the whatever tutorial the file has......And there are many great airport sceneries in there too, many of them with a jetbridge.....

Still having problems?....Just ask there are lot of helpful people here in a.net//
Uhhh What?

SoonerLT
Topic Author

Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:21 am

Ugh! I always saw the drop down box, but never bothered to scroll further down! It always just listed the runways, but the gates are further below! Thanks to both of you for your help.
Speak Lord, for Thy servant heareth.

UN_B732

Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:19 am

I will have to get some AFCADs with jetways, but for now FS always sends me to some gate away from everyone else!
-Mr. X
What now?

jamesbuk

Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:31 am

Quoting UN_B732 (Reply 4):
Q

Is that when you land? normally if you select gate itll take you fairly close to people but if you select parking you'll be miles away, more often than not on the otherside of the airport!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Bobski

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:23 pm

Linked to this. I frequently start from the gate, but I can't turn the aircraft while I'm being pushed back. Is there any way to do this, or do I have to carry on pushing straight and then turning to taxi when I start moving forwards?
Who is Benjamin Breeg?

BoeingOnFinal

Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:52 pm

I have tried to get a pusback turn as well, I can't do that! There is a film in FS9 that they show you have to get startet, and their explaination is: SHIFT+P, then press 1 for a left pushback, 2 for a right pushback. Doesn't work for me though.

In the PMDG 744 though, you have a much more advanced pushback, then I could do it.
norwegianpilot.blogspot.com

jamesbuk

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:19 pm

Quoting BoeingOnFinal (Reply 7):
HIFT+P, then press 1 for a left pushback, 2 for a right pushback. Doesn't work for me though.

Right to do it you have to hit shift P and then within a second after hit 1 or 2, you cant do it 10 mins down the road!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

ACDC8

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:14 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 8):
Right to do it you have to hit shift P and then within a second after hit 1 or 2, you cant do it 10 mins down the road!

Interestingly, this works on my desktop but not on my laptop.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

David L

Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 8):

That's the key. Had me stumped for ages.

Quoting BoeingOnFinal (Reply 7):
In the PMDG 744 though, you have a much more advanced pushback, then I could do it.

Oh yes!  biggrin