gordonpageco

FS Bf109 Vs. The Real Thing...

Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:07 am

For those of you in the Colorado area, we have opened a new aviation themed facility called the Spirit of Flight Center. We have set up a flight simulator using FS2004 with Horizon Simulation scenery and challenge people to fly our Bf-109 model. The simulator is set up next to parts of a REAL Bf-109 that we are rebuilding to flying condition. Also, our new book is out on what it takes to save some avation history. Visit www.warbirdrecovery.com for more information and stop by the Spirit of Flight Hall of Honor if you are in the area.

malaysia

RE: FS Bf109 Vs. The Real Thing...

Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:42 am

Id rather use the BF-109 in a Il-2 Forgotten Battles Simulation (a lot better and more realistic than an FS2004 model) and you go into spins and stalls if you dont fly right. plus radiator control.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

atct

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:07 am

One thing I always hated about FS...the lack of "proper" spin characteristics. Nothing like taking an Aerobat up and spinnin the heck outta it. Fun fun (in the world world, I cant get FS to do similar things).

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

malaysia

Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:43 am

Quoting ATCT (Reply 2):
Nothing like taking an Aerobat up and spinnin the heck outta it. Fun fun (in the world world, I cant get FS to do similar things).

Its not so much fun when in a dogfight in IL-2/Pacific Fighters, you pull stick too hard on a turn by accident and suddenly you are in a spin, I can get out with rudder deflection, but what if your just 500 meters off the ground, you have no chance.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens