FlyingColours
Topic Author

A.NET Airlines #11

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:02 am

Hey folks,

I've started a new thread because the last one took a while to load, and then wouldn't load properly  Smile

The charter airline "Fusion" launched on Friday, I know there are quite a few people out there who would prefer to fly charter style flights so I hope that Fusion is the right choice.

I've booked myself on the night Rhodes flight (MAN-RHO-MAN) for Sat/Sun so that will give me a chance to finish up some paperwork and then fly all night - because I do it realtime  Wink

I have noticed a few problems with the schedules such as airport names are not displaying (it says they are not in the database - they should be) so here is a full list of our airports (the 4 letter ICAO codes so you can find them on the scheds).

BGI TBPB - BARBADOS (BRIGETOWN, GRANTLEY ADAMS INTL)
BJV LTFV - BODRUM TURKEY
BOJ LBBG - BOURGAS BULGARIA
CUN MMUN - CANCUN MEXICO
CHQ LGSA - CHANIA, CRETE
CFU LGKR - CORFU
DLM LTBS - DALAMAN, TURKEY
FAO LPFR - FARO, PORTUGAL
FUE GCFV - FUERTEVENTURA, CANARY ISLANDS
FNC LPFU - FUNCHAL (SANTA CRUZ), MEDIRIA
LPA GCLP - LAS PALMAS, GRAN CANARIA, CANARY ISLANDS
HER LGIR - HERAKLION, (NIKOS KAZANTZAKIS) CRETE
HKT VTSP - PHUKET, THAILAND
IBZ LEIB - IBIZA
EFL LGKF - KEFELONIA, GREECE
KGS LGKO - KOS, GREECE
ACE GCRR - LANZAROTE, (ARRECIFE) CANARY ISLANDS
LAS KLAS - LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
LCA LCLK - LARNACA, CYPRUS
MAH LEMH - MAHON, SPAIN
AGP LEMG - MALAGA, SPAIN
MLE VRMM - MALE, MALDIVES
MLA LMML - MALTA (LUQA)
MIR DTMB - MONASTIR (HABIB BOURGUIBA INTL), TUNISIA
MBJ MKJS - MONTEGO BAY (JAMAICA)
MJT LGMT - MITILENE, GREECE
NAP LIRN - NAPLES, ITALY
PMI LEPA - PALMA, SPAIN
PFO LCPH - PAPHOS, CYPRUS
PMV SVMG - MARGARITA (PORLAMAR), VENEZUELA
PVK LGPZ - PREVEZA, GREECE
POP MDPP - PUERTO PLATA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
PVR MMPR - PUERTO VALLARTA, MEXICO
PUJ MDPC - PUNTA CANA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
REU LERS - REUS, SPAIN
RHO LGRP - RHODES (DIAGORAS), GREECE
SSA SBSV - SALVADOR, BRAZIL
SFB KSFB - ORLANDO (SANFORD INTL), USA
JTR LGSR - SANTORINI, GREECE
JSI LGSK - SKIATHOS, GREECE
SSH HESH - SHARM EL SHEIKH, EGYPT
TFS GCTS - TENERIFE SOUTH (REINA SOFIA), TENERIFE, CANARY ISLANDS
SKG LGTS - THESSALONIKI, GREECE
VAR LBWN - VARNA, BULGARIA
VRN LIPX - VERONA, ITALY
ZTH LGZA - ZAKYNTHOS, (DIONYSIOS SOLOMOS) GREECE

MAN EGCC - MANCHESTER (RINGWAY INTL), UK
BRS EGGD - BRISTOL (LULSGATE INTL), UK
BFS EGAA - BELFAST INT, NIUK
BHX EGBB - BIRMINGHAM INT, UK
EMA EGNX - EAST MIDLANDS, UK
EXT EGTE - EXETER, UK
GLA EGPF - GLASGOW, UK
LGW EGKK - LONDON (GATWICK), UK
HUY EGNJ - HUMBERSIDE, HULL, UK
NCL EGNT - NEWCASTLE, UK
DUB EIDW - DUBLIN, IRELAND
CWL EGFF - CARDIFF, UK

Also since nobody sent me any suggestions for the 767 registrations I came up with them myself. Since I have started thinking a lot of the old Leisure International Airlines I thought I'd reg them G-UKLH, LI, LJ. The first 2 are old LEI767 regs and the latter is off an A321.

Speaking of 767-300ERs, they should be ready in about 2 weeks but their flights are not scheduled until 1st October anyway  Smile

Also I am working on a 757-200 flight manual which may be ready tomorrow night (it should be worth the wait folks).

I hope that Fusion & A.NET Airlines will keep going strong over the next few months.

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

timjohns

RE: A.NET Airlines #11

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:21 pm

Congrats Phil on finally getting your airline up and running. I'll try and get the DB updated to show all the a/ps  Smile
A.Net Airlines - 2 million miles!

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:13 pm

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 1):

Thanks Tim,

I am trying to get some detailed information on the destinations (freqs etc...) but I don't think I'll have that ready till next week. I'm working on the 757 manual now until time to depart tonight (quater to 1 local, yawn)

Phil
FlyingColours
Lifes a train racing towards you, now you can either run away or grab a chair & a beer and watch it come - Phil

ZKSUJ

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:09 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Thread starter):
I hope that Fusion & A.NET Airlines will keep going strong over the next few months.

Yeah me too.

Whats been up with you guys lately?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 3):

Pulling my hair out working on those charter scheds  Wink - oh and serving tea in the friendly skies  Smile Smile

Actually I've been working quite a lot which makes a change from last year. Oh and I've decided to get every Roxette song ever recorded......

Well I'll be firing up FS in about 35 minutes to do the preflight for my nice Rhodes trip. Got a few issues with paperwork - printer is out of ink Sad But either way I've got pretty much everything ready aside from the aircraft, still wont be getting back into MAN until gone 10 local - guess I take FS too seriously??

What have you been doing chief?

Phil
FlyingColours

timjohns

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:49 pm

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 4):
Well I'll be firing up FS in about 35 minutes to do the preflight for my nice Rhodes trip. Got a few issues with paperwork - printer is out of ink Sad But either way I've got pretty much everything ready aside from the aircraft, still wont be getting back into MAN until gone 10 local - guess I take FS too seriously??

I think so...  silly 

Have you got some other folks who you can persudae to join fusion or is it just you at the moment?

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 3):

Not a great deal...mainly work and getting ready to go away at the end of the month.

timjohns

Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Nice to see a couple of PIREPs have been filed today. If you've got any screenshots, send 'em over.

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 5):
Have you got some other folks who you can persudae to join fusion or is it just you at the moment?

Hehe, its just me at the minute but I expect a few fellow pilots to join soon. Besides I've already started logging the hours (who says managment don't fly  Wink)

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 6):
Nice to see a couple of PIREPs have been filed today. If you've got any screenshots, send 'em over.

Just logged the RHO-MAN PIREP, I just had to go to bed once I landed back so thats why its a little late. Flight was good, no passengers so we had a nice and rapid climb (since we were not overflying Rodos Town on the dep).

Got a few good screenies from during the flight and before/afters. Got quite a few of the approach from the left hand seat too. The earlier ones are too dark I think but the few from approach are ok.

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 5):
mainly work and getting ready to go away at the end of the month

Where you off to?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:31 am

Well gang, last night I did the MAN-LPA-MAN in another one of our 757s and for extra realism did it in realtime, and guess what happened this morning?

At 08:15z I got called off standby to go and fly to Las Palmas, talk about irnoy  Smile

Still good flights (on all 4 sectors)....

Filling the PIREPS tomorrow probably as I'm really tired having just got back.

Could really use some pilots, I don't like being in a one man band  Wink

Phil
FlyingColours

timjohns

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:40 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 9):
At 08:15z I got called off standby to go and fly to Las Palmas, talk about irnoy

Haha..nice  Smile

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 8):
Where you off to?

University

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:06 am

Filed another 2 PIREPS now, finally good to fly and have a purpose.

Not using FS for a few days now, off to RHO tomorrow for real.

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:26 am

So... Whats been up with you guys?

timjohns

Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 12):
Whats been up with you guys?

Finished work now  Smile I'll be off within the week. How about you?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:11 am

Just got back from LCA about 30 minutes ago (thats got home at - not landed).
Found out I'm now sched to fly to SSH (Sharm - Egypt) tomorrow, thats a nice 15+ hour day to compliment my 14 hour day today.

Still, I've wanted to go there for ages anyway  Smile

Then its 4 days off to finish with my 21st B'day  Wink

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:07 pm

Happy B'day Phil

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 13):
Finished work now I'll be off within the week. How about you?

No time for flying VA at the moment. Exams, tests, flights, liscence checks etc etc... The joys of being a student.
Hows uni Tim?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:34 am

Thanks Nigel,

21st is on Friday but I got my present a little early, a nice HD TV (for my consoles) apparently thats my last present until I get married  Sad (sigh)

Anyway, with some VA related news,

The Boeing 767 is almost ready for delivery, the paintkit has been harder to work with than the 757 counterpart however I have almost got it right. The aircraft handles well and Atlantic Star (G-UKLH) is penciled in for delivery at the end of next week. Caribbean Star (G-UKLI) is scheduled for the week after and finally Pacific Star is due at the end of October.

The 757 Aircraft manual will be ready soon, I know Its been delayed more than the A380 programme (sorry, I love the big bus) but it will be worth it in the end. I am also going to do an edited copy of the manual to go with the PSS 757, that leads me to my next point.

I will be getting the PSS 757 tonight, after a quick ground test I'll be taking her for a spin on a scheduled Fusion flight so that I can record some data to go in the manual. Depending on the paintkit I hope to have got one out fairly soon (but since I'm the only guy at Fusion right now........)

I'm still looking into the flying programme for next summer, as well as what aircraft are avaliable following withdrawal from A.NET Mainline, I don't think there are many 757s left around though.

Still we need pilots first  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

timjohns

Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:20 pm

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 16):
21st is on Friday but I got my present a little early, a nice HD TV

Happy birthday for Friday, and a sweet present!

You need to get recruiting for Fusion when you have some time.  Smile

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:04 pm

Thanks guys,

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 17):
You need to get recruiting for Fusion when you have some time.

I'll think of some nice recruitment programme, at the minute I want to offer more facilities but haven't got round to them yet, to make Fusion more on par with other airlines.

Still I could just get a nice float to join a the next parade in the UK......

Still busy working away either in the big blue or sorting out the airline  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:04 am

Ok guys, today marked the arrival of our first Boeing 767-300ER, G-UKLH "Atlantic Star" arrived at Manchester early this morning fresh from Seattle.

After a quick ground test the aircraft was dispatched on a MAN-PMI flight (instead of the usual 757) with great results.

Takeoff was pleasant, roatation was right where I wanted (instead of some heavies where you are almost off the wrong end) and an excellent climb out on a Listo departure. Initially we cruised at FL390 since we only had 180 pax on board and not too much fuel. Once we passed Tolouse we stepped up to FL410 for the remaining distance. Descent again was excellent, I could hold around -2500fpm and maintain a steady aispeed (instead of it speeding up to 300+). Approach was slightly botched on account of an incorrect vector vs my STARs but once established all was fine. Had a slightly hard landing because the Trim changed at the last 100ft but the braking action was excellent too.

I look forward to taking her on a LH trip tomorrow morning  Smile

here are some screenies,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/FlyingColours/fsscr027.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/FlyingColours/fsscr031.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/FlyingColours/fsscr034.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/FlyingColours/fsscr035.jpg

I have just got to adjust the night textures (incorrect door config) and she will be ready to upload.

Phil  Silly
FlyingColours

timjohns

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:34 pm

Files will be online shortly

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:32 am

Here's the latest update from A.Net Charter (Fusion Airlines).

We have had 15 flights logged so far, (sadly all by me  Smile) and I anticipate a few more pilots to join in November.

I have got some new ideas to help keep Fusion going, which I will be working on in November (as I officially finish my season come Nov 1st).

Having looked at the master schedule & aircraft rotations file I have noticed a few errors which I will rectify, some of these errors include flight times which are too short (eg LGW-GLA in 40 min). Of course to fix these some flights may be axed however to avoid this I have decided to aqquire 2 further Boeing 757-200 aircraft.

G-OUCA will operate flights which would have been axed through reshuffeling the rest of the fleet. G-OUCB will also cover some flights however will also serve as a backup aircraft and also offer subcharter flights (either for other group airlines or other nongroup airlines).

G-OUCA,CB will not have winglets.

I have tried to plan on sending a 757 over to YYZ to operate over the winter however I have had difficulty in organising this. If anyone fancies setting up a Canadian charter op to partner with Fusion let us know  Smile

If anyone has any ideas to help the airline please let me know.

Anyway, thats it for know

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 21):
If anyone fancies setting up a Canadian charter op to partner with Fusion let us know

Time to drop James an email (the old A.NET North brains)

ZKSUJ

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:34 am

Also wondering Phil. Do the 763 and 757 type ratings compliment each other? I know they do in various real world airlines.

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 23):
Also wondering Phil. Do the 763 and 757 type ratings compliment each other? I know they do in various real world airlines.

Yup they sure do. I am not fully sure what the plan will be once the sole T7 arrives next year, I suppose we could just offer that one out to the mainline pilots until FK gets enough pilots to handle it  Smile

I have already been working on revised schedules (both for this winter) and next summer, the Canadian outfit (if it goes ahead) would have one 757 based permenantly in YYZ, however 2 or 3 UK 757s may head over on winter leases. But that is if Fusion Canada goes ahead - If it doesn't then the YYZ aircraft will come and join the UK fleet.

Oh and incidentally, last night marked my last flight for DP. Well till next summer hopefully  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

timjohns

Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:00 am

Why don't you call the 'Canadian outfit' Cold Fusion?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:45 pm

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 25):
Cold Fusion?

Thats cute, but no.

I have been tinkering with the livery, the one worn by the 757s and the A320s is the intermediate livery (since I hadn't figured out how to do billboards at that time). The billboard livery which is on the 767 will be applied to the rest of the fleet, except the Canadian aircraft and the 2 B757s which go to Canada for winter, These will wear the current small titles. I think that maybe turning the orange into a shade of either red, green or blue for the Canadian livery might be a nice twist?

Any ideas what colour or name we could have for the Canadian ops (other than cold fusion)??

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:40 pm

Expanding already eh Phil  Wink

Man I Hate Exams...

Hows things anyway???

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 27):
Expanding already eh Phil

Well just planning for next summer  Smile I had a right ole discussion with a friend over why I shouldnt introduce the A321 - I said it has no real place as it seats more than an A320 but less than a B752, the benefits of having an aircraft that sized are thwarted by having the type itself. We then went on to discuss the B757-300, although there was number of valid points and it would be a good aircraft to have (perhaps 2 of the type) we wouldn't be taking the type just yet.

I've been working away like a beaver on these schedules for Summer 2007, the current scheds are a summer style (lots of flights, aircraft very very busy), the summer scheds are more realistic with revised flight times, and some frequencies adjusted. Also summer 2007 will see the opening of a BHX and DUB base, although DUB will not have an actual aircraft stationed there. GLA sees more flights as does EXT.

The schedules for S07 will be ready by Jan at the latest, then I can start on the Winter '07 scheds - to make it more realistic  Smile

I have also started naming the fleet, the 767s are "Star", the A320s don't have any names at the minute and the 757s are given girls names, actually they are female characters off TV and film but they do look good, (aside from 'Spirit of Manchester' G-FUSA, and 'Spirit of Toronto' C-GFSA). If anyone has ideas for A320 names let me know.

The two 'new' 757s mentioned above are former Canada 3000 machines and in homage to them have been registered G-FOOA,OB. These do not have winglets and it is unlikley that they will be retrofitted.

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 27):
Man I Hate Exams...

We all hate exams dude, what have you got?

And to close, We need pilots, I am getting fed up playing with myself  Smile and with that I mean its hard to log all the hours on my tod  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 28):
I am getting fed up playing with myself

Lovely choice of words mate.

Exams are IFR/ATPL stuff. Aerodynamics etc etc etce (Boring Sh*t). BTW Phil, I'm trying to convert a couple of mainline guys to 767/757 so you won't be 'playing' alone  Wink

ZKSUJ

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 am

Oh and Phil, where about will the T7 be operating for Fusion??? Any chance of using a 744 instead? We 'had' 16 when we started off, but now we're only using 15 for the mainline routes so technically one is free in 'storage' Big grin

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 29):
BTW Phil, I'm trying to convert a couple of mainline guys to 767/757 so you won't be 'playing' alone

Thats great, thanks - I'm still sorting the 757 ops manual.

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 30):
where about will the T7 be operating for Fusion??? Any chance of using a 744 instead? We 'had' 16 when we started off, but now we're only using 15 for the mainline routes so technically one is free in 'storage'

I didn't know that, thanks for pointing it out. I had planned on the 777-200LR because it would be an excellent aircraft to lead into the 787 (should the time come to order that). Another reason I chose LR over taking an existing mainline ER (if avaliable) was its range capability.

However, I think that the 744 would give us a better cabin configuration and payload. I'm not too sure what the range difference would be. Besides we can convert the T7 order into a 767 which solves another problem in itself. The 744 is RR powered right?

If you can help us find the specs on this stored aircraft that would be cool, I'll start sorting things out over here.

Phil
FlyingColours

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:33 pm

Ahh I found it, what would have been G-LAXA "City of Honolulu", and yup they are powered by RR  Smile

Well in 3 class they seat 416, I'm not sure if we should change the config or leave it be - I mean the interior needs to be changed a bit but thats normal.

The T7 only seats 375 so thats a nice increase in numbers there.

Thanks Nigel you've helped us out there  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:31 pm

No worries. Seating changed with introduction of Blackbird to a 2 class layout of 385 (if I remember correctly). I have the seating numbers somewhere.

Where abouts would you be operating the 744 to? Would be a nice change for 744 guys to fly outside of the 4 hubs in the mainline route network.

ZKSUJ

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:09 pm

The 744 seats 55 Premium business class and 324 in economy. Thats a total of 379.

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:35 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 33):
Where abouts would you be operating the 744 to? Would be a nice change for 744 guys to fly outside of the 4 hubs in the mainline route network.

PPT, HNL and out towards India. I'd like to find a destination in Oceana - is there anywhere that could sustain some holiday traffic from the UK?

379?, thats only 4 more than the planned T7 but 55 Premium seats is a fair number more than what we had planned on - which is better since the 744 & 767 would be used on more Premier routes than the shorthaul fleet. Besides we wouldn't need to change those over, but whats the config in economy 3-4-3?

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:42 am

Yeap 3-4-3 in Economy. Business is same as Virgin's 'Upper class sweet' or NZ's Business Premier. Economy is 34". All with AVOD etc etc (all the bells and whistles).

Will you be changing the configuration? And I presume it will be in Fusion Colours or would it stay in Mainline's?

I'd imagine Fiji would be a good place to go (Nadi) but I don't think it could sustain a 744 flight. AKL would be the only place in Oceania (seriously speaking). What about a routing from UK-Brazil/Argentina (Rio or EZE) then onwards to PPT/AKL? I'd imagine South America would be a nice place to go
:-S

Also for Tim, the Airport LTBA is not in the database but we do serve it with ANS A332. Flight ANS509. LTBA is Istanbul in Turkey and you can't file a PIREP for it since the airport is not in database (or so I'm told  Smile )

timjohns

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:00 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 36):
Also for Tim, the Airport LTBA is not in the database but we do serve it with ANS A332. Flight ANS509. LTBA is Istanbul in Turkey and you can't file a PIREP for it since the airport is not in database (or so I'm told Smile )

This should be fixed now  Smile

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:02 pm

3-4-3 with 34" is great, I expected to have to do some serious changes the the configuration, its good to see that AVOD already exists in economy as that means we don't have to try and install all of that.

Well since the layout and pitch is good and the IFE is already what we want I don't see any changes to the configuration, Perhaps the galleys may need a redesign (to fit more bar boxes and bar carts in - we are charter after all....) but we may be able to get away with that anyway as Fusion probably wont be doing a second meal service (after all this is not ANZ  Smile) The seat colours should stay the same really, ala the same shade of blue. Naturally, of course the aircraft livery will change.

Fiji is a great one, totally skipped my mind, may send her into EZE and onwards to AKL. We do have a few South American destinations already planned but at the minute we just have PMV & AUA, and those 767s are already very busy.

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:53 pm

When do you see the 744 services starting up?

Quoting Timjohns (Reply 37):
This should be fixed now

Cheers

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:07 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 39):
When do you see the 744 services starting up?

I would think that January would be a good time, of course the aircraft would have to do a few shorthaul flights to get any issues fixed - you will be suprised what comes up  Smile

I'd would have liked to say Christmas but thats too soon, considering she needs a bit of work doing.

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:13 pm

Cool, can't wait. As mentioned above would be cool to fly to more than 4 destinations on the 744 for a change. (Miss the old days where the jumbo went everywhere  Wink )

Is it true that we were offered an advertising opportunity by Johan??? And if so are we taking it?

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:20 am

Well the good news is the 744 will be here by Christmas, with a speedy entry into service  Smile

On the flip side, y'all may like to know that I have sent one of those "soon to be delivered" 767-300s over to Canada to work from there. C-GFSC will be identical to the UK based 767s but will operate new long haul flights from Canada. One of which is YVR-HNL-RAR which is a former Canada 3000 route. The Canadian ops shall not interfere with the UK ops, on the flip side the backup UK 757 can usually ship out to YYZ within a matter of hours (so there is no need to keep a backup 757 in Canada, during summer of course).

The new scheds are pretty much done, I have done all the UK 757s and most of the 767s, and 2 of the A320s.

Just finished a longhaul flight today, MAN-PMV - took 9 hours... heading back tomorrow hopefully from PUJ).

Phil
FlyingColours

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:30 am

Ok I've been looking at the 747s flying programme and I wanted to share some of my ideas with everyone, some of the flights naturally are outside the range of the 744 (ex AKL & PPT), now these could route nicely through HNL (which is a destination anyway). This means that those flights could be a split load (as in some passengers can get off at HNL), of course could we fill 379 seats once per week to AKL and PPT? I could put a fuel stop in elsewhere if y'all think that would be better.

Anyway here are a few ideas for 747 destinations,

PPT
HNL
EZE (could probably get replaced with a mainline service)
Fiji (I'll look into the airport status)

Of course with only 1 aircraft and ops going that far over the number of destinations would be limited, but hey at least it gives our 747 pilots some variety  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:46 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 43):
Fiji (I'll look into the airport status)

NAN is your only option. Suva is 2nd biggest are only sees 737s. What routings for the 744 are you looking for? I'd Imagine LON/MAN - EZE - AKL/PPT would work (The distances are similar to several mainline 744 routes at the mo). Also, why not put the 763 on YVR-HNL-PPT. From what I know, RAR is not a large destination

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:56 am

I was thinking of MAN-HNL-PPT & MAN-HNL-AKL, LGW-HNL-PPT as the 744 will need to stop for fuel en-route, by taking those routes it saves having to add a flight just to HNL too. A flight to NAN would probably route through EZE and saves an extra flight which should make the weekly rotations.

Ok, the Canadian 767 can skip RAR and head YVR-HNL-PPT.

I've been looking into RTW ops on a 757 and the best routings I could come up were MAN-AYT-DXB-MLE-HNL-SFO-BGR-MAN, Bangor is just a fuel stop, the problem is there is no way I can efficiently get a 757 to go from MLE to HNL even if I change MLE to HKT & NRT. So I'm stumped on that one  Smile

You know the benefit of having more than one machine is that when you are half way across the Atlantic you can be painting the fleet  Smile the new look 757 should be ready for service tomorrow - The "new" look is basically the billboard titles from the 767 which will also be applied to the A320.

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:44 am

Quoting FlyingColours (Reply 45):
MAN-HNL-PPT & MAN-HNL-AKL,

Cool. It's just that theres alot more of a market in real life for AKL-South Am than NAN to South Am (talking about the return traffic). Reason is that you catch all the traffic from AKL wanting to travel on to South Am (alot of this traffic is from Asia using AKL as a stop over point). It's a routing already being used by 2 airlines and 1 more seeminly interested.
I would imagine the NAN-South Am market is litterally non existant. Where as HNL-PPT/NAN would work out better as they are similar destinations in terms of tourist type.

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:38 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 46):
I would imagine the NAN-South Am market is litterally non existant. Where as HNL-PPT/NAN would work out better as they are similar destinations in terms of tourist type.

Okie Dokie, I'll keep that in mind - I think we can just about work it in somehow. The 744 will be in the hangar next week for a quick inspection, refit and a new paint job (I don't like painting 747s - they are too tall  Smile)

Phil
FlyingColours

ZKSUJ

Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:45 am

Hehe, What about Rio as well as EZE??? Is that big on UK Charter tourists as well??

BTW Tim, TNCM is not in the database as well. It's SXM, Saint Marten operated by ANA6112/6113 and ANC814/815

FlyingColours
Topic Author

Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:29 am

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 48):
What about Rio as well as EZE??? Is that big on UK Charter tourists as well??

I don't think it is, its more of a city than a tourist resort - the general population tend to prefer resorts.

I suppose at a stretch we could route MAN-rio-EZE-AKL but won't that just irritate pax having an extra stop?

I'm not sure, still I value your input as I have no useful knowlege of the southern hemisphere  Smile

Phil
FlyingColours