LoungeLover
Topic Author

What PC Config For FS2004?

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the entire flight sim world. The last FS I touches was FS2004 and as my interest in aviation was lower and the learning curve too steep, I just didn't get into it.

Now I am dying to get back into the game but currently only own a Mac laptop.

What I would like to know is:
-what PC configuration would you recommend I buy to play FS2004 as smooth as possible with all the amazing add-ons available. I really only would use the PC to play and want it to make FSX run smoothly as well before needing to upgrade.

or

-would you recommend waiting for the new Core Duo 2 Mac laptops to come out that can run Windows XP with Boot Camp as well, so as to avoid having a PC and a Mac at home? I mean, will the Mac really be as fast as a PC and it will accept yoke, etc?

Would love your thoughts,
thanks!

mika

RE: What PC Config For FS2004?

Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:07 am

As far as FSX goes, you really should wait for the next generation video cards based on Direct X 10 to be released, aswell as getting a good dual core CPU. If there is one thing i have learned from this hobby it is that whatever computing power it is that you have it never is as much as you´d want. I run FS2004 on a P4 3,6Ghz with a GeForce 7800GTX and it does run satisfactory i must say, regarding that my FS installation is jam-packed with scenery and AI addons. I will however need to get a DX10 video card to run FSX well with any addons, i know that already.