Cessna057
Topic Author

FS9 / FSX North Pole

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:28 pm

I'm a huge fan of the north pole crossings. From teh SQ to SIN to all of the CO Asia flights, I love flying over the north pole. Porblem though. In the summer when you can see the ground, theres kind of a thing called sliding scenery. And also, if I get too close to the pole depending the route I take it glitches up and my plane just stops midair and just kind of chills there. Anyone know anything about this and if theres a fix for it?

Thanks in advance

N.B. I did a search on this. I am refering more to the sliding scenery not jus tthe invisible wall thats at the pole.
Hold it . . . Hold it . . . HOLD THE FREAKIN NOSE UP!!

noelg

RE: FS9 / FSX North Pole

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:12 am

FS9 in common with all previous versions will not let you fly directly over the north pole. You can fly around it or to one side, but it hits the limit of north and freezes!

I think it's something to do with the fact that one second you're heading north and the next south - I think it confuses it!

justplanecrazy

RE: FS9 / FSX North Pole

Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:24 am

real aircraft can be confused as well but they don't freeze in mid air (well i suppose they do thinking about it).Real aircraft have the option of changing from magnetic heading to geographic heading when near the north pole i don't know if there are any add on aircraft with geographic heading option that allows them to fly near the n pole.What confuses the aircraft navigation systems is that you may be heading N,W or East at the north pole but of course all directions are south.
your pilots today on this 747 flight are captain oliver hardy and assisting will be FO stan laurel.Have a safe flight