Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

FSX Crashing Problem

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:49 am

First off, let me say that I am an experienced FS9 user, and have had FSX since the day it came out, and ran it (slowly) but without any major errors, except an annoying cursor pixelating problem (grr, any suggestions?, its now moved to FS9, too).

But the real purpose of this post was to inquire as to why, when I use the Ctrl+C quit function, my computer crashes to a full restart. This has happened twice in the last hour; although the first one crashed when I used the ALT+TAB hotkey to switch between open windows. Essentially, from what I can gather, the common denometer is if you try to switch out of FSX, it crashes. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen, so I can't say that I've diagnosed the problem.

Admitted, I do have several new pieces of software, including McAfee Internet Security Suite 2006, and Webroot Spy Sweeper, neither of which should affect FSX. This did happen with a new POSKY AA 737-800 that I had just downloaded, as well. Could this be the source of the problem? Is it a problem with FSX? Any help guys?? LOL

Another thing, when switching between my panel view, and spot plane view, or tower view, and then switching back to my panel, it goes crazy. It never comes back into focus, and is wavy all across the screen, with the colors of the spectrum in there somewere.

I'd just say I'm pretty screwed.

Thanks for the help, if you have some!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

RE: FSX Crashing Problem

Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:45 pm

bump for some help, please! I'm actually more concerned with the mouse/cursor problem now.

Please help!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron

Fly2HMO

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:43 am

Sounds like driver conflicts to me. A new revision for directx came out in November. Update your video card drivers if you havent already. Are you in the habit of turning off third-party background processes? Conflicting programs might run in the background.

What are your system specs?

malaysia

Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:58 am

I had similiar problem until I upgraded my system. It was too slow when switching and went to funny colors and rainbow and purple etc.

now my FSX finally gave me my first BSOD on Windows XP 64 bit. But I think it was self explanitory. FS2004 plane with incompatible gauges and going at Mach 3.0 at 70,000 Feet and switching between views too soon.

System Dump :P

BTW it was an XB-70
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Longhornmaniac
Topic Author

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:19 pm

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 2):
What are your system specs?

-New HP Pavilion d4600y (new as of late August)
-Intel Core Two Duo Processor 2.4 gHz
-2 GB RAM
-ATI 1600 Pro PCI-Express 512 MB
-Windows XP Media Center

It had been working fine. I'll check the new drivers, that could be it.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Cameron
Cheers,
Cameron