pilotdude09

Best Image Hosting For Trip Reports?

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:43 pm

Hey guys,

Just getting my images ready for uploading and hosting to add to my trip report. The reason i ask this is because last time the one i used, Image Shack or Photo Bucket ended up comming up on my images with "BANDWITH EXCEEDED", i was wondeiring which site is the best to use without having something like this happen.

Which one is best to use?

Cheers

[Edited 2006-12-21 10:43:39]
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

Tommy Mogren

RE: Best Image Hosting For Trip Reports?

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:50 pm

Personally I use www.spottersblog.com
for my trips to the airport.

Here's my personal part: www.spottersblog.com/jumpseat

Try it and see if it works for you.

Tommy Mogren
Flightdeck Action - Cockpit Videos on Blu-ray and DVD - Flights In The Cockpit- You're Invited!

flyingnanook

Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:59 pm

You could always use the image hosting provided by airliners.net. You get 2Mb of storage space as a premium user. You can find this space in your user profile, at the bottom. Just click on "Add photos." And when you go to post your trip report, you can simply click on the "Add images" link next to the text box. In my opinion, it's the easiest and best way. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a crew member.
Semper ubi sub ubi.

mohavewolfpup

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:49 pm

I can provide free hosting via http://mojavewolfpup.dyndns.org for you. it's my own personal server, no limits at all. you would have a /files/ url if you want it. IM me via mohavewolfpup on aim, or email or something if you want.

pilotdude09

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:35 pm

Hey mate,

Not sure if youve been on, but sent you a pm but not sure if it went through or not as it came up error.
If you could help me itd be much appreciated.

Cheers
Qantas, Still calling Australia Home.........

alaskaqantas

Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:46 am

Quoting FlyingNanook (Reply 2):
You could always use the image hosting provided by airliners.net.

Not enough space for a trip report with as many photos as some have.

This has happened to me, if you have to many photos on you will exceed your limits (you can check your limits on your account on either photobucket or image shack) at the end of the month it will start over and you will be able to load the photos on... so my suggestion is that you either use BOTH photobuckt and image shack for the same post and there should be enough space, of wait until it gets toward the end of the month, upload most photos in one month then the rest in the beginning of the next. (check to make sure what each place defines as month, as it might be from the day you signed up or from the actual end of a month)

I hope this has helped
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

mohavewolfpup

Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:28 pm

Quoting Pilotdude09 (Reply 4):
Hey mate,

Not sure if youve been on, but sent you a pm but not sure if it went through or not as it came up error.
If you could help me itd be much appreciated.

Cheers

you want to use my hosting? drop a AIM,yahoo messenger, etc message to "mohavewolfpup" if you want or just add @gmail.com to the instant messenger name for a email.

sorry for the slow reply, been busy doing other stuff lately.