aeroc

Prop Panel Question

Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi Everyone,

Iam trying to find a good turboprop panel for the Saab 340 and Dash-8 and have found some great ones, however the only thing that does not work is the IAS hold on the autopilot and was wondering why. The same is true for the Eagle E145 I have. I know how it works on every other panel but I can not select the IAS to hold on these panels......

Thanks in advance for any input!

tbanger

RE: Prop Panel Question

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:35 pm

The Saab 340 doesn't have IAS hold or autothrottle in the real deal....so I assume the panel developers have left it of in FS as a realism feature.

I assume the Trash 8 doesn't have it either.

The E145 is likely to be a problem in the .air file. It probably has a command "Autothrottle=0" If it does, then change 0 to 1 and see if it makes a difference.

aeroc

Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:55 am

Tbanger,

Thanks that worked, however after the auto throttle is engaged the prop torque drops and the aircraft eventually stalls. Is there anyway to fix that that you might know of. Or is there a panel that will allow the autopilot to be used on a prop?

-thanks

Cessna057

Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:48 am

Quoting AEroc (Reply 2):
Thanks that worked, however after the auto throttle is engaged the prop torque drops and the aircraft eventually stalls. Is there anyway to fix that that you might know of.

Could be the reason that the actual panel does not have autothrottle
Hold it . . . Hold it . . . HOLD THE FREAKIN NOSE UP!!

tbanger

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:25 pm

Quoting AEroc (Reply 2):
Thanks that worked, however after the auto throttle is engaged the prop torque drops and the aircraft eventually stalls.

1) The fix was intended for the ERJ145.

2)Sounds like there isn't an airspeed bug that the autothrottle recognises.

3)I am yet to buy a version of FS that replicates a good turbo prop model. All turbo props in FS are built around the Pratt and Whit PT6....sort of. The prop lever is useless. Slowing the prop in cruise should accelerate the aircraft....not slow it down.

As far as I know the only turbo props in the real world that have autothrottles are the new generation series like the Dash8-400 and Saab2000 whereby the throttle and the condition lever are 1 lever. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.