Thom@s
Topic Author

How To Remove Standard AI Traffic In FS?

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:09 pm

I now feel I have quite a lot of downloaded AI traffic, and I'm experiencing that the added traffic along with the standard traffic is crowding the busy airports. Is there any way of removing (at least some of) the standard AI traffic that comes with FS2004?

The only problem is that the airports that aren't served by the AI I've downloaded will be empty if I remove the standard ones though. Am I right?

Any advise is welcome.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

BAW076

RE: How To Remove Standard AI Traffic In FS?

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:29 am

Yes... go into:

fs9 main folder/Scenery/World/scenery

...and there is a bgl file called traffic_ (with a 6 figure number). That is your bog standard traffic that comes with fs2004.

Chris  wave 
N754AN (x2), G-CPEL, G-MIDE, G-BPEC, G-BZHC, EI-DCH, LN-KKN, G-VIIW, G-BNLT, G-DBCA, G-MEDE, G-DBCE, G-MIDP.

Thom@s
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:08 am

I see... is there any way to reduce the standard AI traffic, rather than remove it all together? (Perhaps select manually which airports I wish to remove it from...?)

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

BAW076

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting Thom@s (Reply 2):
I see... is there any way to reduce the standard AI traffic, rather than remove it all together? (Perhaps select manually which airports I wish to remove it from...?)

I'm not sure mate, I have no fs2004 default traffic on mine.
N754AN (x2), G-CPEL, G-MIDE, G-BPEC, G-BZHC, EI-DCH, LN-KKN, G-VIIW, G-BNLT, G-DBCA, G-MEDE, G-DBCE, G-MIDP.

jamesbuk

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 am

Well I've found the next best thing, if you only want to get rid of G/a (because they clog up space at big airports also) theres a download here Link I dont think its possible to remove aircraft from certain aircraft from airports without editing each individual flight plan, and that could take along time!

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

Thom@s
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:01 am

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 4):

Ah, so that is what the packages do... Thanks for clearing that one up for me.  Smile

Looks like I'll just remove all the default traffic. I've downloaded pretty much all European AI packages plus a couple of the major ones from around the continent, so there is hopefully enough traffic without the default.

Btw, now that I have sweeped projectAI and world-of-ai for packages, are there any other similar sites that offer packages that might not be found on these two sites? (I'm still missing a few airlines...)

Thom@s

jamesbuk

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:13 am

Quoting Thom@s (Reply 5):

Haha yeh same, im missing a few, especially african airlines, ive got a few, but my african airports are very empty, and id love to have it so like at heathrow i have a huge Q waiting to land but its just getting the extra airlines.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

LASoctoberB6

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:15 am

or you could just go and move (dont delete, just move) this default planes......
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

Thom@s
Topic Author

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:56 am

Hmm...

I was able to remove the default AI traffic, but I was hoping to at least keep the GA traffic. So I tried the "remove default commercial AI traffic" thing from ProjectAI. I assume it was meant to be used with the help of the PAI installer, but nothing happened after I ran it through the installer.

So now I've lost all the default traffic... Hmm.

Perhaps it is possible to get the default GA traffic back by installing the "default GA AI traffic" thing from PAI? Oh well, worth a try..

Thom@s