panam330

JFK/EWR/MCO Scenery For FS2004?

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:59 pm

I have the JFK scenery from FRF (Frame Rate Friendly) Studio, but am looking for something a little more detailed. Is there anything else out there (preferably freeware)?
Also, is there any decent scenery for EWR or MCO as well?

Thanks in advance!  Smile

Cessna057

RE: JFK/EWR/MCO Scenery For FS2004?

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:42 pm

I cannot find anything for EWR. I'm building something for it right now, but its going to take some time. Its going on AVSIM when I'm finished

Chriss
Hold it . . . Hold it . . . HOLD THE FREAKIN NOSE UP!!

Arniepie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 pm

All of them where at one time available as payware in simflyers, mind you they are real framerate-hogs and start to look a little dated now but a couple of years ago they where considered the best of the best I personally still have JFK ,IAH ,DFW & EWR installed because nothing better is available as far as I know.

For EWR there is maybe a better one available over here:
http://www.imaginesim.com/
I have their Denver scenery and it works out pretty good so far but I still would prefer Flytampa or Cloud9 to make one.

As for MCO, I don't know if there is already something decent besides simflyers available but I haven't seen it so far.

Quoting Cessna057 (Reply 1):
I cannot find anything for EWR. I'm building something for it right now, but its going to take some time. Its going on AVSIM when I'm finished

Nice to hear this and I'll be eagerly awaiting its arrival, when is its release date planned ?
[edit post]

Cessna057

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 am

Quoting ArniePie (Reply 2):
Nice to hear this and I'll be eagerly awaiting its arrival, when is its release date planned ?

Loooong time, May - ish probably. Trying to make it as accurate as possible. Will include: Raised approach lights, better runway textures (landing zones with skid marks covering the center lines), accurate gates, a new Fedex terminal, Lots P1-P7, and airtrain which actualy moves (being a bit of a problem with realistic movements at the time), and the turnpike will have moving cars on it, along with moving cars in through the airport and terminal. Another thing I'm trying extremely hard to get is how to make jetways move into place such as what Airport Enhancement Systems has. What I'm shooting for is pretty much what FlyTampa did in colaboration with AES to produce their BOS, SEA, MDW, MIA, and SFO scenery, all of which is payware though.

Hope it turns out as good as I intend it to. Trying to make it payware quality, I know how hard it is to find good freeware. Also, what I have so far isnt faring too well for my frames. Went from 30-35 down to 20. One reason they are so low though is because I put in ALL CO flights, and quite a bit of AI traffic, pretty much all of the major airlines (  Smile ). I will release a midway version in a week or so, just to show what I have so far.

Chriss
Hold it . . . Hold it . . . HOLD THE FREAKIN NOSE UP!!