LAXspotter
Topic Author

Runway Problem In FS

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:40 am

I recently purchased FS Ultimate Traffic and with any traffic program I assume that this problem occurs. The problem is that whenever i am at an airport, the planes are vectored into only one runway when there are two parallel runways. This really slows down the traffic and creates long queues. For Example KFLL Airport has 9R and 9L but traffic is vectored into 9L all the time and all departures are told to taxi to 9L. How do i solve this problem?
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

GAIsweetGAI

RE: Runway Problem In FS

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:28 am

You first have to have Afcad2.x, find it at avsim.
Then you open the KFLL file, select a runway, and uncheck "closed for takeoff" or "closed for landing" on both ends, repeat for the other runway.

However it's a better idea to leave the Afcad file as it is IMO, because you'll end up with huge queues waiting for takeoff, as the default ATC doesn't allow an A/C to takeoff when another is on final.
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Burkhard

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:43 pm

Any good AI package will have KFLL configured so that it makes usage of all three runways.

airbusA346

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 pm

I have recently purchased Traffic 2005 I think (it is the latest one) and all the AI aircraft which the program incorporates, land well before the runway.

What can I do?

Thanks
Tom.
Tom Walker '086' First Officer of a A318/A319 for Air Lambert - Hours Flown: 17 hour 05 minutes (last updated 24/12/05).

GAIsweetGAI

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:49 am

Quoting AirbusA346 (Reply 3):
What can I do?

If this happens within 5-10 minutes of starting your flight, this is normal.
If this happens later, I don't really know. You can try to install updated FDE's or changing A/C (i.e. switching to AI Aardvark, EvolveAI, etc, unless you've already done that.)
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

Mir

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:19 pm

Quoting LAXspotter (Thread starter):
For Example KFLL Airport has 9R and 9L but traffic is vectored into 9L all the time and all departures are told to taxi to 9L.

What kind of traffic are you talking about? If it's jets, they should all be going to 9L/27R, since that's the only runway at FLL that can handle them. Props can go to 9R/27L, but if there aren't too many of them at the airport, that runway will see less usage. A lot of the GA parking is north of 9L/27R, and since FS always sends AI traffic to the closest usable runway, they go to 9L/27R. Since FLL is close to the southern tip of Florida, more arrivals will be coming from the north than the south, and thus will get 9L/27R (again, FS assigns the closest usable runway), whether they are prop or jet.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

mdl412

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:52 am

If you've ever been to the real KFLL, 9L/27R is the main runway used, I rarely see ANY traffic leaving from the other 2, as they can't even handle large traffic.