QANTASforever
Topic Author

Help! R.e. FS2004 Installation

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Hi everyone,

I just had a new hard drive installed and am trying to re-install my good old copy of FS2004 (coming up to 4 years old now), and alas I'm at 97% and my rather well used Disk 4 is not doing what it should in installing "world.cab".

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not too keen on buying the whole thing again.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

jamesbaldwyn

RE: Help! R.e. FS2004 Installation

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:01 am

Quoting I am really just taking a shot here, but it looks like this file contains a lot of textures required to build the global environment.

I am uploading the file for you here:
www.ardst.nl/dump/WORLD.CAB
Give it a few hours after the time of this post (19:52 GMT) to finish uploading as the file is 200+ MB in size.

Download it, save it, and use a compatible decompression program, WinRAR, Winzip etc, to extract the file.

Select the following folder as as target location, and do not forget to select the Use Folder Names option.
..:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorld

All files will be extracted to that folder (just to state the obvious) so if you want to be safe, back up this folder first (although chances are, that folder is empty in your case, if not non-existent)

If anything were to go wrong, simply delete everything in ..:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryWorld and then place back the backup you made.

Good luck, let me know if it worked out=0:

QANTASforever
Topic Author

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:57 am

Jamesbaldwyn -

You are an absolute champ. That's seriously nice of you. Cheers.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

jamesbaldwyn

Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Thanks I'm touched Big grin

I remeber people a while back saying they have lost the same file, weird lol

Happy Flying Big grin