AC773
Topic Author

Bored? Mess With AI!

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:08 am

We all need a little diversion every once in a while, and I've found one I quite like - getting back at those stupid AI aircraft that make you go-around all the time!  mischievous 

I like to start with a fast, nimble aircraft, then take a common route and wait for someone to show up.

So here I am in my Mirage, minding my own business over Calais when a Mad Dog comes into sight. I make a hard right dive to catch him at FL283, and as I kick on the afterburners to reel him in, Paris Center tells me what I want to hear:

"Pacifica 2947 TRAFFIC ALERT, six o'clock, less than one mile, FL283, Dassault Mirage."

By now the turbulence is pretty bad, and I'm fighting to maintain course:

That attempt was pretty sucky, but it's much better in calm weather with little or no turbulence - In many cases I've managed to come within inches of the aircraft.

So give it a shot yourself - it's fun!  thumbsup 
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

QFA380

RE: Bored? Mess With AI!

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:21 am

Awesome Mirage, but terrible attempt to scare the sh*t out of those Maddog pilots lol.

I prefer doing that in F-16's, F-111's or even B-52's when the plane is starting it's takeoff run. I start going at the other end of the runway and try to get as close as I can.

Pretty fun....

Although ATM I'm very busy with other FS stuff to screw around with AI.

AC773
Topic Author

Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:37 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 1):
Awesome Mirage

checkmark  It's a fantastic model; available on AVSIM. In the interest of full disclosure though, the engine sound in the video was dubbed over.  Wink

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 1):
but terrible attempt to scare the sh*t out of those Maddog pilots

checkmark   checkmark  Looks more like "plummeting", LOL. Maybe I'll do another one later after clearing the weather.
Better to be nouveau than never to have been riche at all.

san747

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 am

One fun thing to do with AI is to go to a real busy place like ORD or LAX then set the winds to 50-100 MPH... The planes are like 70 degrees off centerline on their approach, it's hilarious!
Scotty doesn't know...

LAXspotter

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:25 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 3):
One fun thing to do with AI is to go to a real busy place like ORD or LAX then set the winds to 50-100 MPH... The planes are like 70 degrees off centerline on their approach, it's hilarious!

Gonna do that, Im tired of working with FS AI traffic, the air traffic control just sucks.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

GAIsweetGAI

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:49 am

Quoting San747 (Reply 3):

I'll have to do that one day- I've never seen that happen.

On a related note, are AI A/C subject to turbulence?
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

LAXspotter

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Quoting GAIsweetGAI (Reply 5):
AI A/C subject to turbulence

i dont think so, AI traffic isnt affected by the jetstream and theyre not affected by enroute weather to my knowledge.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson

fca767

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:37 pm

Hey you know you can download real airlines flying their real routes and times. www.projectai.com Just email me as the ones you need are in the archive as they are starting a new ai project so you would want the old ones for now to get a thorough airspace. It's really good. Plus you can get airport afcads so the planes can use all runways etc.

LINK PICS OF MY PLANES

http://www.leveldsim.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13064