etops1

I Need A Plexiglass Cover For My Model Airport

Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:03 am

hey guys i need a cover for my model airport. it sits in my garage so it get a little dusty. it measures 6ftx2ft. any suggestions . the scale is of the airport is 1:400. i have included a video i made of the airport to give you guys an idea of what i am talking about . i thnk plexiglass would be good .i have been online searching but to no avail .
enjoy .

HA_DC9

RE: I Need A Plexiglass Cover For My Model Airport

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi Etops1,

When I built Revell AG's 1/400 Queen Mary 2 model I wanted to put it in a plexiglass display case. Due to its size (nearly 3 feet long) I had to have one custom made. After searching on the Internet, I found a company called Innovative Plastics located in Huntington Beach, California. Their website is www.plasticfab.com . Though they have lots of stuff premade, they can custom make a case for you. you just have to email them the dimensions you need and shipping address and they will reply with a quote. As a benchmark, my Queen Mary 2 case has dimensions of 36" long x 8" wide x 10" high and cost me a total of $200 plus shipping. It is made of 1/4" clear acrylic that sits on a 1/2" black acrylic base that was included. I am very satisfied with their workmanship and no hassle service in having the case custom made. You might want to drop them a line as an option for you.

HA_DC9

David L

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:55 pm

Quoting HA_DC9 (Reply 1):
I found a company called Innovative Plastics located in Huntington Beach, California. Their website is www.plasticfab.com

If that's not suitable, you could try a chandlers or yacht supplies business. I know it seems straight out of left field but it's the one type of business I know that does that kind of thing.

etops1

Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:23 pm

hey thanks guys. i will look into it.

CALTECH

Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:35 am

Quoting Etops1 (Thread starter):
hey guys i need a cover for my model airport.

Check out Home Depot or Lowes, they have different sizes of clear plexiglass. Or find a plastic manufacturer or dealer and they will have clear plexiglass too.
UNITED We Stand

N612UA

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:01 pm

Dont know of any just wanted to say that your model looked great. I just had to take mine down due to moving hopefully mine will look that good someday.

Mike