B737-112
Topic Author

Computer/FSX Experts, I Need Your Help!

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:25 am

I know this has been asked before but I'm looking for the ultimate PC for Flight Simulator X, budget will be about $10,000USD if it's needed. I'm trying to get 30+ FPS in even the most demanding areas like New York City with cars and other planes and shadows on and scenery at the highest settings. The kind of stuff I need to know is do I go AMD or Intel, do I go one or two 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra's or is there something better? Do I need 8GB's of RAM or is 4 OK, should it be DDR4 and so on? Any advice would be appreciated and please share your FPS and your setup so I can build a dream system to last me a while.

Thanks,
-Ryan

zenarcade

RE: Computer/FSX Experts, I Need Your Help!

Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:25 pm

I think it would be foolish to spend that much money on a system for FSX. The game has (admittedly by developers) not been streamlined yet. The next service pack SP3 is proposed to show a %17 increase in frame-rates.

• FSX has no real benefits from SLI so one card should be enough.
• FSX is very CPU intensive so I would recommend at least a quad core. The Q6600 from Intel is a good quad core CPU at a very good price. You can get them for approximately $300 if you look in the right places.
• Anything over four GB of memory is over kill.

I think you're just gonna have to wait this one out.
If a plane falls on the tarmac and no one is there, does it make any sound? - Starlionblue