DeltaAVL
Topic Author

Can Anyone Recommend An ATC Scanner?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi,

I need an ATC scanner for when spotting. It doesn't have to be top of the line, but it does need to work and I need to be able to hear the communications clearly.

My budget is $100 for this scanner, preferably something around $50.

Thanks.
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

airfinair

RE: Can Anyone Recommend An ATC Scanner?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Here are the scanners from Radio Shack available for $150 and under. You'll probably have to google for reviews of these. I have the Radio Shack Pro 94 which works great. Obviously any scanner is only as good as where you're located in reference to what you're listening to. I live about 9 miles from ORD and cannot hear any ATC, just the aircraft side.

Radio Shack Scanners

This website is also a good source of info:

http://radio-scanner-guide.com/
ORD,MDW,IND,ARB,AMS,AUS,ANQ,DTW,DEN,PHL,PIT,MIA,GPT,SAN,PHX,LAX,SFO,OAK,SEA,LAS,SLC,SMF,ATL,MEM,BOS,MHT,JFK,EWR,LGA,NASâ

DeltaAVL
Topic Author

RE: Can Anyone Recommend An ATC Scanner?

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:50 pm

Quoting Airfinair (Reply 1):
Here are the scanners from Radio Shack available for $150 and under. You'll probably have to google for reviews of these. I have the Radio Shack Pro 94 which works great. Obviously any scanner is only as good as where you're located in reference to what you're listening to. I live about 9 miles from ORD and cannot hear any ATC, just the aircraft side.

Okay, thanks, I see the Pro 82 is just under $100. I may have to go with that one.

Does anyone know of a scanner that's a little cheaper?
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster