jamesjimlb

Is Deltava Right For Me

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:03 am

hi everyone, i recently applied for delta virtual, do you all think i will like it.

what i am looking for is a somewhat laid back va that takes it easy has a nice fleet, etc.

what are any other good virtual airlines preferably in the us that i may be interested in, and btw i don't know how to play vatsim, so if vatsim is required, don't post it, but if isn't REQUIRED please post, i am all ears.

thanks in advance.

-jamesjimlb
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

LASoctoberB6

RE: Is Deltava Right For Me

Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 am

Deltava is a nice virtual airline. I'm a member of it and no, you don't have to fly on Vatsim, although, it is recommended. To stay active, you must log in every 45 days or risk being put on the inactive list or being terminated. I'm very sure that you'll like it a lot. I've heard good things about UA virtual. I was a member there once, but didn't have the time or patience at the time..
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

jwenting

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:13 am

Which DeltaVA though. Last time I checked (a few months ago) I found at least 3 of them  Smile
I wish I were flying

QFA380

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 2):

I'd say www.deltava.org

OB1504

Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 1):
I've heard good things about UA virtual

IIRC, United Virtual requires their pilots to fly on VATSIM, so they'd be out.

James, you should really reconsider choosing not to fly on VATSIM. It'll revolutionize your flight simulation experience.

zTagged

Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:38 am

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 4):
It'll revolutionize your flight simulation experience.

When it's not clogged with people blaring music on the vox and constant noobs not understanding basic ATC dialogs, yeah!
Personally I gave up with picking a compatible VA and just made one. It's turning out pretty alright.
Something awful.

jamesjimlb

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:59 pm

Quoting OB1504 (Reply 4):
James, you should really reconsider choosing not to fly on VATSIM. It'll revolutionize your flight simulation experience.

i have had problems with it, so i will try getting it to work again today.

Quoting ZTagged (Reply 5):
Personally I gave up with picking a compatible VA and just made one. It's turning out pretty alright

really? whats it called?

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 3):
I'd say www.deltava.org

yep, thats it

DeltaAVL

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:51 pm

Quoting Jamesjimlb (Thread starter):
hi everyone, i recently applied for delta virtual, do you all think i will like it.

what i am looking for is a somewhat laid back va that takes it easy has a nice fleet, etc.

I'm a member with 30+ flights logged. Delta VA takes a while to set up and get used to (ACARS is a little hard to use at first), but overall it's a great experience. However, much of that great experience is due to VatSim. Why won't you do VatSim? It's really a huge step up from regular old flight simulator.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend Delta Virtual Airlines. The aircraft packages are great, staff is helpful and friendly, and you'll have a blast. Just be sure you know your stuff and you know how to fly!

Have fun!  Smile
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

jamesjimlb

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting DeltaAVL (Reply 7):
I'm a member with 30+ flights logged. Delta VA takes a while to set up and get used to (ACARS is a little hard to use at first), but overall it's a great experience. However, much of that great experience is due to VatSim. Why won't you do VatSim? It's really a huge step up from regular old flight simulator.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend Delta Virtual Airlines. The aircraft packages are great, staff is helpful and friendly, and you'll have a blast. Just be sure you know your stuff and you know how to fly!

i'm at the md-88, and i do we have to follow the schedule, do we have to use acars?

zTagged

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:38 am

Quoting JamesJimlb (Reply 6):
Quoting ZTagged (Reply 5):
Personally I gave up with picking a compatible VA and just made one. It's turning out pretty alright

really? whats it called?

The thread called "PIP - Pip pip!" in here tells you all about it. Check it out!  biggrin 
Something awful.

DeltaAVL

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:00 pm

Quoting JamesJimlb (Reply 8):
i'm at the md-88

Good start! I started out in the 738...

do we have to follow the schedule

Not necessarily - I pick out a flight I like the looks of and try to fly it as close to the actual time it departs...

do we have to use acars

No, you don't HAVE to use ACARS, but they really don't like it when you don't. Besides, ACARS makes it so much easier to use and gives you so much more information, I don't see why you wouldn't use ACARS.

Hopefully I'll see you in the air!
"We break, We bend, With hand in hand, When hope is gone, Just hang on." -Guster

CDreier

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:48 pm

If you're interested in Deltava, I'd certainly recommend that you plan on using both VATSIM and their ACARS. Why join a virtual airline if you don't want to be as close to realistic airline operations as FlightSim allows? If you don't want that, then you can always fly on your own. So, please do consider VATSIM and ACARS. DeltaVA is great. I hesitated joining for more than a year because I didn't want what I thought would be too much "regimentation". 'Turns out it isn't like that at all, and it's made my flying all that more meaningful.

jamesjimlb

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:02 pm

i have vatsim working now, and acars on dva, i am flying my cr for the 752 as i speak, vatsim is awesome and so is their acars.