apuneger

FSX Flight Planning

Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:08 pm

Hi,

Untill FS2004 many virtual pilots used FS Navigator 4.7. Since there appears to be quite a delay for FS Navigator 5, I was wondering which tool users over here use for their virtual flight planning process. I've found a number of flight planning tools (all payware) that appear to be quite good:

FSBuild
Flight Operation Center (FOC) (published by Aerosoft) (quite expensive)
Flightsim Commander X 8.2 (published by Aerosoft)

Are there any other good flight planning tools? I recall that somebody was developping an online flight planner but it appears this tool is still stuck in the developpment process.

Best regards,
Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

Genius12

RE: FSX Flight Planning

Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:25 am

I find the in-built flight planning tools in FSX to be adequate for my needs. I do mostly IFR flights.

David L

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:09 am

Quoting Genius12 (Reply 1):
I find the in-built flight planning tools in FSX to be adequate for my needs. I do mostly IFR flights.

It's adequate until you try to cross an ocean using real airways and/or realistic assigned tracks - "Direct GPS" isn't very realistic. I'm also looking forward to the FSX version of FS Navigator... or equivalent.

In the meantime, I'll have to find those online planners some people have talked about.

[Edited 2007-11-30 03:10:25]

apuneger

Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm

Quoting David L (Reply 2):
I'm also looking forward to the FSX version of FS Navigator... or equivalent.

I don't think that version will ever be introduced. It should already have been introduced some months ago. but let's keep hoping...

Best regards,

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography