N612UA
Topic Author

Looking To Start My Own VA Or Take Over Another On

Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:33 pm

Hello I am wanting to start my own VA. I have a few question's though. 1. Where can I get good web hosting from. 2. How do you make the join page where people fill out there info to join. 3. How do you make a pirep page.

If there is someone out there that has a VA that they don't want to mess with anymore and would be willing to let me take it over as my own I would do that. Of course I would take over the hosting fees.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on the first hub, fleet, and routes. I would like to hear it. I want mine to be in the usa and starting out as a express airline. I would like to hear you guys suggestions.

Thanks mike

jetmatt777
Crew

RE: Looking To Start My Own VA Or Take Over Another On

Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting N612UA (Thread starter):
Hello I am wanting to start my own VA. I have a few question's though. 1. Where can I get good web hosting from. 2. How do you make the join page where people fill out there info to join. 3. How do you make a pirep page.

I suggest some web tutorials in HTML, PHP, javascript, and/or ASP.

Quoting N612UA (Thread starter):
If there is someone out there that has a VA that they don't want to mess with anymore and would be willing to let me take it over as my own I would do that. Of course I would take over the hosting fees.

Kinda like going to a job interview and asking for a vice presidency spot and you've never worked at the company.

-Matt
Lighten up while you still can, don't even try to understand, just find a place to make your stand and take it easy

QFA380

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:21 am

I hope you know what you're getting yourself into. So many people think 'Oh I can make a VA, it'll be easy' but when push comes to shove its just too hard.' You yourself need to think about what you want before you go doing something serious. Also be sure to be familiarise yourself with copyright laws.

I suggest using www.vabase.com they have a basic platform although you still need a good HTML program (Dreamweaver etc).

N612UA
Topic Author

Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:37 pm

Hello I have thought alot about starting my own VA. I have been Chief Operations Officer for two VA's in the past. QFA380 you said something about copyright laws I have a question to ask about that. My VA will not be based on a real world airline. However say I based some of my routes on northwest airline( which I am not) is that something that NWA could complain about?

Thanks mike

jamesbaldwyn

Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 pm

I'm starting my own VA for fszone.org

www.one.com I've got one year domain for 90p (Ends with .org)

QFA380

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:13 am

Quoting N612UA (Reply 3):

No , they don't own the route but an example. I wanted to call my VA TrueBlue, it is kind of an Australian word/phrase. ANyway as I'm sure you know JetBlue owns that as the name of their frequent flyer program.

N612UA
Topic Author

Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Ok thanks alot for the info.

jamesbaldwyn

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:40 pm

Quoting Jamesbaldwyn (Reply 4):
www.one.com I've got one year domain for 90p (Ends with .org)

Sorry, 90p a month.

continental180

Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting N612UA (Reply 3):
I suggest using www.vabase.com they have a basic platform although you still need a good HTML program

terrible program.

Quoting N612UA (Reply 6):
ANyway as I'm sure you know JetBlue owns that as the name of their frequent flyer program.

i own a virtual airline called FlyBlue[vablue.org] and i was gonna start on called TrueBlue Airways, but i contacted JetBlue and they said your not allowed to use it, its trademarked.

QFA380

Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:07 am

Quoting Continental180 (Reply 8):
terrible program.

I haven't used it but I guess its really the only program out there for inexperienced people who want to start a VA.

Quoting Continental180 (Reply 8):
i own a virtual airline called FlyBlue[vablue.org] and i was gonna start on called TrueBlue Airways, but i contacted JetBlue and they said your not allowed to use it, its trademarked.

Just having a look at your website, you have an awesome livery, love it.

continental180

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 9):
Just having a look at your website, you have an awesome livery, love it.

Thanks if you look at the press release posted also here, that describes my airline as well.....

A Better version of what it looks like is posted here:

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132882

QFA380

Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:16 am

Quoting Continental180 (Reply 10):

Looks good, I wish you all the best from the FS community come January the 1st.