alaska737

Hobby Store In HNL?

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:00 am

Hey everyone,

about 7 years ago i was in HNL and they had an amazing modle shop, like probably better than the Airplane Shop in Vegas, but I just went throught there the other day and it was gone!?!?! that really made me sad but then i saw i was on the AQ "Funbird" and it made me a lot happier! does anyone have any info, did it move or just go out of business, it would be a real tragedy if it did.

If i recal correctly it was called like the Pacific Aerospace Museam or something...

Thank You

hnl-jack

RE: Hobby Store In HNL?

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:07 am

The shop closed. The museum space was no longer going to be available with the changes being made in the terminal. The Pacific Aerospace Museum is now located on Ford Island and features fantastic displays of 2nd World War aircraft. As the museum expands it will also feature commercial aircraft including the HAL DC-9-50 parked on the opposite side of field from the terminal at HNL.

alaska737

Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:26 am

does the museum still have the amazing model shop?

HA_DC9

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:45 am

Here's the website for the Pacific Aviation Museum now at Ford Island (Pearl Harbor) formerlly the Pacific Aerospace Museum in HNL:
http://www.pacificaviationmuseum.org

Quoting HNL-Jack" class=quote target=_blank>HNL-Jack (Reply 1):
As the museum expands it will also feature commercial aircraft including the HAL DC-9-50 parked on the opposite side of field from the terminal at HNL.

Isn't this the aircraft that HA donated to Honolulu Community College and the Pacific Aerospace Training Center for their Aeronautics Maintenance Technology program? I though it would stay put in HNL for this program.