KevinL1011
Topic Author

Tokyo Exec. Transport Mission...Whaaa?

Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 pm

I have been trying for the longest time to complete the Tokyo Executive Transport mission in FSX.
Every time I get to the LZ, there's nobody there! Well, I finally found the bastards....floating 300 feet in the air !   
Has anyone else experienced this?

[Edited 2007-12-30 05:13:56]
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

OB1504

RE: Tokyo Exec. Transport Mission...Whaaa?

Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:18 pm

What do you have your scenery complexity and density set to?

KevinL1011
Topic Author

Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:19 pm

My global settings are biased toward the south / west hemisphere as that is where I do most of my free flying. I lowered some of the mesh detail settings to medium for a smoother flight. There is some late draw-in but most everything appears eventually.
Are you thinking that might be the cause? I haven't experienced any problems on other missions.

QFA380

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:44 pm

That is a weird mission. I think you just need to increase some of your scenery settings, maybe the Addon scenery slider.

flyboyseven

Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:05 am

when i did it i couldent get it to end.
i landed right in the little green thing(i think it is green) a whole bunch of times but it would not work

graham
As long as the number of take-offs equals the number of landings...you're doing fine.

Halcyon

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:10 am

I've never had people do that, but many times I'll be flying along beside cars and trucks. That's a weird feeling.

cptspeaking

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:49 am

That does look like a complexity issue...it's been a while since I did that mission, but I do remember them being on top of a building, and I think the pre-recorded audio that goes along with the mission mentions that as well. It wouldn't be anything autogen, and probably wouldn't be in the add-on slider either...you might try bumping up the general scenery slider a notch then go in and manually drop the autogen back down. Let us know what it ends up being...I'm curious because I've got a crappy computer that can't keep high graphics, so I can't bump everything up all the way either!!  Smile

Your CptSpeaking
...and don't call me Shirley!!

KevinL1011
Topic Author

Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:59 pm

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 5):
I've never had people do that, but many times I'll be flying along beside cars and trucks. That's a weird feeling.

I used to fly the JetRanger @ low altitude in freeway traffic trying to land on moving trucks but the road vehicles aren't solid. You can land smack dab in the middle of traffic lanes and vehicles will drive right through the aircraft.

Quoting CptSpeaking (Reply 6):
I do remember them being on top of a building, and I think the pre-recorded audio that goes along with the mission mentions that as well.

The audio mentions the pick up point is at a building but no specific elevation. That does make sense though as it appears they are standing on top of an imaginary structure. I've tried landing next to them thinking that the asset may be there but not visible. It ain't there.

you might try bumping up the general scenery slider a notch then go in and manually drop the autogen back down

I set everything to default which causes the mission play a bit choppy and makes the cyclic mushy. Still no luck.
I'm going to manually change the scenery priorities biased toward that geographical area and see what happens.

Halcyon

Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:04 pm

Quoting KevinL1011 (Reply 7):
I used to fly the JetRanger @ low altitude

That would be quite a surprise to some motorist.  Big grin Unfortunately, all my experiences are about 5000 AGL where Buicks aren't welcome.

KevinL1011
Topic Author

Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 am

Quoting Halcyon (Reply 8):
Unfortunately, all my experiences are about 5000 AGL where Buicks aren't welcome.

There was talk about including the '59 Buick Roadmaster in FSXII but it took up too many GB's.
Instead they are including this...

Uh...tower, this is Aston Martin flight 009. Request clearance for short term parking lot 12-B.

You'll need a Mac to run it though.  biggrin 

I could surely pick up those assholes in Tokyo with this baby.  Wink

KevinL1011
Topic Author

Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:27 am

HA!
Finally found the bastards.

Quoting QFA380 (Reply 3):
I think you just need to increase some of your scenery settings

you might try bumping up the general scenery slider a notch. I do remember them being on top of a building.

Bingo!
Had to increase priority of Asia in the scenery settings. It was checked to load but the priority wasn't high enough. As I mentioned, since most of my flying is on the west coast, I had set that geographical area as a priority. After bumping up Asia, Ta Da!

It still appears as if they are hovering.

Get in, sit down, hold on and shut up!

Thanks everyone for your input!

9VSIO

Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:19 am

haha, when I saw your first screenshot...what a classic. You have to submit to some competition!
Me: (Lining up on final) I shall now select an aiming point. || Instructor: Well, I hope it's the runway...