wardialer

Please Help...Issues Installing FSX Game

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Hi,

Ok, heres the problem. My friend burned me a copy of the Flight Simulator X onto a DVD +R (16X) and it will not install on my laptop running XP.

The burned version of the DVD-1 game did work on my other PC and plus the original DVD-2 of the game did work on the laptop. But not the DVD-1. I can hear the DVD tring to spin but nothing happens and when I try opening My Computer nothing is seen and I have to use task manager to close it.

What can be the issue here?

Queso

RE: Please Help...Issues Installing FSX Game

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:17 pm

Quoting Wardialer (Thread starter):
My friend burned me a copy of the Flight Simulator X onto a DVD +R (16X) and it will not install on my laptop running XP.

Well, there's your first problem. It's called software piracy and it's a felony. And anybody here who tells you how to make it work is aiding you in comitting a felony.

The burned version of the DVD-1 game did work on my other PC and plus the original DVD-2 of the game did work on the laptop. But not the DVD-1. I can hear the DVD tring to spin but nothing happens and when I try opening My Computer nothing is seen and I have to use task manager to close it.

It's designed to do that.

KaiGywer
Crew

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 pm

What can be the issue here?

Here you go. This is your solution:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flig...s=videogames&qid=1199553987&sr=8-1
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

cptspeaking

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:24 pm

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 2):

Wow, thats all it is now?

I remember paying $72 when I got it from Best Buy 2 weeks before they were supposed to release it heh heh  biggrin 

Wardialer, definitely go pick up your own copy...It'll work like it's supposed to then...
...and don't call me Shirley!!

jamesbuk

Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:35 pm

My friend burned me a copy of the Flight Simulator X onto a DVD +R (16X) and it will not install on my laptop running XP.

Quoting Queso (Reply 1):
Well, there's your first problem. It's called software piracy and it's a felony.

Rgds --James--
You cant have your cake and eat it... What the hells the point in having it then!!!

David L

Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:14 am

Quoting Queso (Reply 1):
Well, there's your first problem. It's called software piracy and it's a felony.

Quoting KaiGywer (Reply 2):
This is your solution:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flig...r=8-1

Quoting CptSpeaking (Reply 3):
Wardialer, definitely go pick up your own copy

Quoting Jamesbuk (Reply 4):
Busted

checkmark  "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." ... and may ye rot in hell.  Smile

My friend burned me a copy of the Flight Simulator X onto a DVD +R (16X) and it will not install on my laptop running XP

Glad to hear it. Pay for it or don't use it. I am not prepared to subsidise your illicit use of software which I support. Grow up - software piracy is not a victimless crime. I pay for your theft. It doesn't matter how clever you are in getting a pirated copy to work, it is theft and it costs me money.

bok269

Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:36 am

Quoting CptSpeaking (Reply 3):
I remember paying $72 when I got it from Best Buy 2 weeks before they were supposed to release it heh heh

Wardialer, definitely go pick up your own copy...It'll work like it's supposed to then...

I was able to pre order deluxe for $50 from a closeout place. But when that was delayed, I got an AUTHENTIC unopened copy off ebay for 40 something. They were as low as 30
"Reality is wrong, dreams are for real." -Tupac

jwenting

Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:59 am

I've contacted Microsoft for you, they'll probably get in contact soon to settle things.
I wish I were flying

RobertNL070

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:34 pm

"Age: 21-25"

Were you in the 13 - 15 year age bracket, you could be forgiven for juvenile antics, you might be given the benefit of the doubt. However .....
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.