acroairfun

How To Make Aircraft Connectible To Jetway In Fsx

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

I know that I could connect the jetway in flt sim X by pressing CTRL+J, but it's working only with default (microsoft) aircrafts. Is it possible to make "add-on aircrafts" connectible to jetway?  Confused
Everything is flexible if you know how to bend it.

dl767captain

RE: How To Make Aircraft Connectible To Jetway In Fsx

Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:20 am

There is a very complicated way to do it. Lets say you have a 737 add on, go into the CFG folder of the 737 that came with FSX and somewhere in there is a code for the jet bridge (sorry i dont know exactly where) so just copy and paste that into the add on 737. You will want to keep them relatively the same size, they may not always look great but it is better than nothing. Sometimes th bridge will extend super far out and detach from itself so it's not he best.

NWADC9

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:58 am

It's in [Exits]. FS9 has it so that it only tells FS at what rate of speed to open the door. In FSX, you have the distance from the dead center of the model as well as the rate of speed.
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

khelmDTW

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:04 am

yeah, its pretty complex. I did it for my Wilco ERJ, and it took me about 15 tries to get it right. You have to guess where the door is, and put the coordinates like this.

exit.0 = 0.25, 29.90, -3.8, 3.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

Good news is, after a while the jetbridge gets faster at connecting.

New question, anyone know how to make the cargo vehicles com on the left side of the airplane?
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"

NWADC9

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Quoting KhelmDTW (Reply 3):
anyone know how to make the cargo vehicles com on the left side of the airplane?

It's a flaw in FSX. Just delete the line and keep exit.0 only.
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard

acroairfun

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:27 pm

Thanks for reply. It's really hard to do it. Big grin  banghead 
Everything is flexible if you know how to bend it.