UltimateDelta
Topic Author

Saving Problems With FSX

Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:38 am

Hi, again. Lately I have had a problem on FSX where, when I try to save flights, it freezes for a couple of minutes. Then, a message comes up that says a 'fatal error' has occured, and then I have to shut down the game and start over. What do I do about this? Thanks for the help!
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

khelmDTW

RE: Saving Problems With FSX

Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:49 pm

How many saved flights do you have? My PC is pretty powerful, and it still takes a good minute of two to load the saved flights page. Check the saved flight file and see how many are in there.

If there aren't that many, press Ctrl Alt Delete and see how many processes are running. My experience tells me that with the more processes running, the more likely it is to have a CTD.

To give you an idea, I have about 30 processes running, but my sisters new computer, had 90 running, straight from the factory. If this is the case, try shutting down some of the non essential processes.

Hope this helps a little.

Khelm
"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration"

UltimateDelta
Topic Author

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:56 pm

Well, I deleted all my finished flights so now there are none, plus the flight plans, but it still does this. Thanks for the suggestion, though. To Everyone Else: Please Help!! I need to know what is wrong!

David L

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:55 pm

I've had the same problem. There may be a tidier way to fix it but I reduced some settings and it doesn't happen nearly as often now.

jamesbaldwyn

Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Do you have any addons installed?

Do you have SP1 and SP2/Acceleration Installed? From what I can see after asking Google is that alot of people are having various errors after buying Acceleration.

UltimateDelta
Topic Author

Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Yes, I do have Acceleration. The saving did work for a while though. The problem has only come up in the past couple of weeks.