FighterPilot
Topic Author

A Few FS2004 Questions

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:32 pm

Ok instead of creating several threads I've decided to make just one. I really only have two questions right now.

1) I have a freeware scenery upgrade for CYYZ and I really like it, it has the new T1 and really looks real. Where can I get scenery for other airports, it would be nice to upgrade airports like YOW, YUL, YVR, YWG, YQT, YYC, any of the major airports in Canada. Also, I've seen videos of ground support vehicles that move and stuff, were could I find that?

2) I use Ultimate Traffic for all my AI aircraft, and when editing the YYZ AFCAD file to switch where LH parks at the infield terminal to T1 like they do now, I screwed something up and now LH flights don't show up at all to YYZ. I also would like to add Emirates to T1 but there isn't a flight plan yet for Dubai-Toronto, how do I create that?

Thanks
Cal  airplane 
*Insert Sound Of GE90 Spooling Up Here*

ACDC8

RE: A Few FS2004 Questions

Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Quoting FighterPilot (Thread starter):
1) I have a freeware scenery upgrade for CYYZ and I really like it, it has the new T1 and really looks real. Where can I get scenery for other airports, it would be nice to upgrade airports like YOW, YUL, YVR, YWG, YQT, YYC, any of the major airports in Canada. Also, I've seen videos of ground support vehicles that move and stuff, were could I find that?

http://www.avsim.com/ is your best bet to start. I don't know if they'll have all the airports you're looking for, but I know that they have some great stuff on YVR, YLW, YYC, etc.
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

ARNYEG

RE: A Few FS2004 Questions

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:29 pm

You could also try http://www.fsnb.ca/canuk/. They have some freeware Canadian airports (CYWG thats pretty ok).

Ground support vehicles are usually something that comes with the airport scenery (usually payware). I can't recall every seeing some sort of add-on for just the vehicles (if yo mean vehicles that's just moving about). There is AES from Aerosoft that will get you some moving gates, busses and fuel trucks that come up to your plane and even a tug for push back. AES is payware and only work on certain airports (95% of them are payware).

Creating a flight plan is not that easy. There is some tools out there that will help you tho. MRAI is one (think you can find it on avsim). I'm sure there is a few others with some tutorials if you search for it. But it's quite complex to get it to work properly if you are doing it from real world flight schedules.