NwAflyer07
Topic Author

Classic Northwest Airlines Photos

Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 am

Well, with the recent merger announcement, assuming everything goes as planned, the aviation world is facing the loss of Northwest Airlines: a name that's been around since 1926. My father has put in 20 years worth of hard work and dedication with NWA, and I am inching closer and closer to the end of my first year of employment there. I was born and raised in DTW with Northwest... the airline my father first introduced me to and the airline that inspired my undying passion for aviation. At the age of 18, all I have known is NWA. Its amazing past and tragic present inspire me to work harder and harder through college to pursue success in the Aviation Industry. This great airline will surely be missed.

All that being said, I am putting together a collection of photos that capture the airline's brightest and darkest moments in it's 82-year history. This "album," if you will, will exist on my computer for my enjoyment so I can show my family and friends. I have no intentions of doin something moronic such as selling it or posting it on any website as my own, so dont worry about any of that. Do any of you have photos or know where I can go to find them? I'm mainly looking for the classic 1920s to 1970s as pretty much all the modern material is on a.net already.

I will also be collecting memoribelia such as old timetables, silverware, cups, etc... but I can find most of those at work or on ebay. I'm looking forward to being one of the people working hard to preserve the memories of Northwest Airlines, as its name becomes retired among the likes of Eastern, PanAm, Braniff, etc... Thanks for your help.

ILUVNWA

RE: Classic Northwest Airlines Photos

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:33 am

I may have some old photos from 1989 - 2007, when I was a NWA F/A....I'll look around. I know you're doing this for yourself, but I would LOVE copies of your photo collection! Think we could work that out?

F9Animal

RE: Classic Northwest Airlines Photos

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:27 am

Quoting ILUVNWA (Reply 1):
I may have some old photos from 1989 - 2007, when I was a NWA F/A....I'll look around. I know you're doing this for yourself, but I would LOVE copies of your photo collection! Think we could work that out?

Unfortunatley, the user is no longer with airliners.net. If you look next to his username, it is blue, and it appears he no longer visits the forums. I could be wrong though! Welcome to airliners.net by the way!
I Am A Different Animal!!