staralliance38

Jetways In FSX

Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:08 am

I was playing FSX and when I taxied to the gates, there was no terminal, jetways, or vehicles! Do I have to toggle something to see the jetways and stuff. On the box it says the jetways move into place and the vehicles move, but I can't see em  Sad
Roar, lion, roar

threefourthree

RE: Jetways In FSX

Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:07 am

Your settings are probably not high enough to see it. But be aware, the higher you put the settings the lower your frame rates will be.

GST

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:14 am

You will need a god machine for your computer to be able to deal with all the jetways and ramp gubbins FSX adds on the higher graphical settings. Thou I've got FSX, I still use FS9 mainly because I can run it better.

dl767captain

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:16 am

Quoting GST (Reply 2):
You will need a god machine for your computer to be able to deal with all the jetways and ramp gubbins FSX adds on the higher graphical settings.

It doesnt have to be that good just to get jetways, just change ur graphic settings until you see them

StarAC17

Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:22 pm

Quoting DL767captain (Reply 3):
It doesnt have to be that good just to get jetways, just change ur graphic settings until you see them

checkmark  Jetways don't use that much juice. To see them you have to max out the building settings to high to get them at every gate and the next one down to get them at some gates.

The Autogen and moving objects really is big cause for lower frame rates and not the airport scenery but you will see a slight drop in framerates.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

UltimateDelta

Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:24 pm

I think they only show up on the top two or three scenry levels, so just set it to one of those and you'll be set.
Midwest Airlines- 1984-2010

babybus

Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:25 am

As said, the realism settings have to be quite high to get a terminal and a jetway.

On a side note, is it possible to run FS9 on Vista? I'm really not happy with the way FSX performs on my computer.
and with that..cabin crew, seats for landing please.

Burkhard

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Quoting Babybus (Reply 6):
As said, the realism settings have to be quite high to get a terminal and a jetway.

On a side note, is it possible to run FS9 on Vista? I'm really not happy with the way FSX performs on my computer.

FS9 under Vista, switch the User Access Control off, than it works.

On the jetways, a few are available with scenery dense. The jetways are the biggest CPU drain in FSX, if they start moving. I made a version of ORD without jetways, and the the frame rate with full AI traffic and full ground traffic was still dominated by the jetways at MDW...