elcableguy77

Aircraft.cfg And Afcad Question

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:10 pm

While editing the aircraft.cfg file for some of my AI traffic, I was wondering something:
In the parking code section, how is the best way to separate entries, i.e. USAX and AWI? I have been using the form of:
atc_parking_codes=USAX,AWI

Is that the right syntax?

Also, when editing my AFCAD parking spaces, I use the syntax of:
DAL DALX NWA NWAX

Is this also right?

Thanks!
Former ZW F/A | "Wisconsin 72A, contact departure, see ya."

csturdiv

RE: Aircraft.cfg And Afcad Question

Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:38 am

The AFCAD portion looks correct, but I've always been under the impression that FS9 only looks at the first entry in atc_parking_codes= and nothing after a , Same thing with the parking type (ramp, gate, cargo and so on). But I could be mistaken on that though.
An American expat from the ORD area living and working in SYD

AllegiantAir

Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:30 pm

I do atc_parking_codes=GGN JZA for Air Georgian planes operating as Air Canada Jazz and I have seen the planes park in bot GGN parking spots and JZA parking spots.
Live to Fly.

northstardc4m

Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:14 pm

its no comma, if you want AWI and USAX i would enter it as: AWI USAX
always put the most specific code 1st. That way if there are available gates coded USAX AWI CHQ and others say USAX PID CHQ, the plane will go to the AWI coded one. If you enter USAX AWI on the plane, it will look for USAX 1st and park at the 1st available USAX coded gate.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

elcableguy77

Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:27 am

Well, that would certainly explain why I have some planes parking at weird spots. Now comes the fun part of editing all of my cfgs to refelect this. *grumble*
Former ZW F/A | "Wisconsin 72A, contact departure, see ya."

GAIsweetGAI

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 am

On a slightly related note - AFCAD doesn't want to work for me, anyone have any idea why?
(I'm running Vista)
"There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."